Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

I only meant that a continued good GPA into the top 10% could be submitted as extra information for the holistic review. Or could a student could wait for spring admission and get in with top 10%?

I have not seen an actual place to choose test optional yet. She just applied today. I was wondering if it will be an option in AIS once received.

On the Common App, when it was time to submit, it gave a message like “this college doesn’t take test scores so they won’t be sent” and they were automatically withheld from the application.

Yes, they can wait a semester but cannot take a single college course post high school and then apply for spring admission with auto admit.

3 Likes

Is there an option to upload the resume to the common App application or we submit first and then upload the resume at a later time when we get access to the portal?

I don’t think it matters since my son is NM commended (hopefully SF) and 1510 SAT but we did check ok on Rellis. Do you think it matters that we okayed that? Will it hurt his chances for full TAMU admittance? He’s going for Mays, with 36 DC hours and he was homeschooled.

1 Like

We used Common App to apply 8/1 and his app was downloaded yesterday. No email yet.

when you get into the AIS (portal) there is a place to upload additional documents so Common App isn’t your last chance to do that. It’s very straightforward.

2 Likes

If your student has a chance at TAMU acceptance, checking Rellis won’t hurt them. Honestly, A&M wants to put each student into the place where they will have the best chance at success. I know all the pathways seem confusing, but trusting the admissions office that has more data than we do is a good idea.

3 Likes

Blinn Team and TEAB are both studying partially (~ 6 credit hours) at Rellis and 6 hours are TAMU main campus. TEAB is for engineering and 1 year going through the same ETAM process as general engineering students. Blinn Team is 1 to 2 years depending on targeting major.

TEAB has high percentage placement of an engineering major at TAMU in second year. Hot majors like AERO, BMEN, ME and CS still hard to get in through TEAB.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean by resume. There is no need to attach a resume. You just need to fill out the application in its entirety. No need to attach anything to the app itself. You will load documents into the AIS system once you get the email from TAMU with the UIN number.

1 Like

Same boat. Daughter submitted via Common App the evening of 7/31 (she noticed it opened early). Her status also changed to “Downloaded by College” Friday morning, but no AIS email yet. She’s getting concerned as she seems to be falling behind friends that applied straight to A&M or through Apply Texas that got AIS emails a couple of days ago.

Any insight on whether a couple of days really matters? She’ll be holistic review (just outside top 10%) with solid activities, a 3.98 unweighted GPA, 4.83 weighted and 1400 balanced SAT shooting for Mays. Our assessment is that it is probably going to be down to the wire in November/December…

Nothing to worry about in regards to the timing that is in her control. You are on reach by applying early. For reference my daughter applied on 8/9 two years ago and got her email with UIN on 8/17. She was top 10% so she got her acceptance in the first round on 9/23. Holistic likely wont hear that early.

He’s gonna be just fine! Congrats on that 1510! That’s amazing. They’ll probably rank him top 10%. Let us know they do please.

1 Like

IMO, Early applications mean earlier admissions which means higher likelihood of on campus housing. If a kid doesn’t care about living on campus it’s fine to wait a few months even.

Will do! I think this new law is going to be very beneficial to him:

One bill, H.B. 3993, addresses discrimination against homeschoolers who want to pursue post-secondary education.

Public school students in the top 10% of their class receive automatic admission to state colleges, but homeschoolers without an official class ranking couldn’t benefit from that policy.

With the new law, colleges can calculate the average SAT or ACT scores of students in the top 10% of their classes. If homeschoolers score within that range, they also receive automatic admission.

1 Like

@LaFinalista you absolutely don’t wait to submit application, if hoping for Mays! Every year, there are auto admits who don’t get in…because they waited too late to apply and Mays was full.
Same with Viz.
When dealing with A&M, I tell everyone, it is best to jump on everything as soon as it opens up -admission/application, dorm deposit, adding Sports Pass to cart, registering for Fish Camp & Impact, class registration etc.

3 Likes

Do we need to provide information on AP classes in Common App? where in the application we provide this data? (how many college credit have you earned? _thank you.

DOH! You’re right. Neither of my kids are doing Mays so thankfully, that’s one race we’re not trying to win

1 Like

AP classes will be put in your kid’s SRAR. I wouldn’t put AP credits down as an answer to that question. I think it’s specifically referring to credits earned at another college

2 Likes