Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

@emanyoussef here are a couple links that might help you-

1 Like

:joy: !! So true! It’s all one big ‘race’…

1 Like

And honestly you and the other experts around here helped me so much with D23’s race. <---- That’s why I’m saying again to the new parents doing this - go back and just read all the advice in last year’s thread! You’ll start seeing the same questions and issues come up and the answers are 98% still the same.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you!!

1 Like

Xello Question…My daughter’s A&M application within Common App is ready to submit.

Her school uses Xello for counselors to submit forms. She has linked Common App and Xello. However, she was notified that she has a new counselor, and the new counselor’s name is not yet listed in the drop down list for her high school in Xello. She will reach out to the school to get this corrected.

We were curious if she should go ahead and submit the Common App to get the AIS login started OR wait until she can select the correct counselor’s name in Xello.

going to be very frank i have no idea what xello is but I would get the app in

2 Likes

This is our first year with Xello but last year we had naviance and we had an app in for D23 and then waited three weeks for a transcript. Get the application submitted. Don’t wait for counselors this time of year. When you get into AIS, you’ll see the check marks and see that A&M is used to people not having everything in.

3 Likes

@ChristiR93 and @FriscoDad, I don’t have a 2028 kid but you guys helped me with my ‘25 holistic review kid for sure and also a little bit with my ‘27 who is top 10%. So first I want to say thank you if I didn’t back then.

I also wanted to make you aware possible big change this year if you haven’t yet seen an example yet, so you can help guide other parents in your responses. It appears acceptances have begun. Yes, on Aug 7th. I know, I know, I was skeptical too.

I had a parent send me screenshots of their AIS and Howdy portal this morning. Student applied at midnight Aug 1 and is Top 10%. As soon as they got AIS, they uploaded their transcript. They already have a green check mark that it’s been received.

This morning their Howdy portal has all seven tabs. Furthermore, in their overview section, it shows their major, classification as freshman, and active status.

It all looks exactly how my 2 kids looked when they were accepted.

Just thought I would let y’all know because y’all are an excellent source of information for hopeful Aggies.

3 Likes

@TailgateAg wow!! Biggest question- are they able to access Housing portal yet?

1 Like

No, not yet. I remember even last year when my ‘27 was admitted in the first wave the 3rd week of September that we had to wait a little bit before housing was ready. Just can’t believe this happened so fast.

1 Like

Wow. As a holistic parent this cycle, I’d still love it if they were streamlining the top 10% decisions so holistic kids maybe aren’t waiting in April for theirs…?

3 Likes

Wow! Just curious if you know whether the applicant used Common App or Apply Texas?

1 Like

Hi! I’m back on this thread with son #2 … Son #1 is living his best life at College Station and has enjoyed Blinn TEAM very much! We are about to send in my son’s application, and I"m curious about SAT scores. He got a 1300, and is planning to take the test one more time in a few weeks. Do we hold off on sending anything for now, or do we send in the 1300 and resend later if higher? Thanks… can’t believe it’s time to go through all this again! Good luck everyone… it’s a marathon!

My son is planning on submitting his application in the next few days. He will be an out of state applicant (east coast) and applying to Mays Business School. He is in the top 10% but I know he will have a holistic review because of his OOS status. Any tips for applying OOS? Is it harder to get in out of state? Thank you in advance for any guidance!

@crn46 he needs to apply asap! Mays takes a limited number or applicants…when it’s full, it’s full.
Does your son have SAT/ACT to submit?

Yes, he will be submitting SAT scores. He is taking them again the end of the month but currently he has a 1260, 670 math, 590 english. GPA u/w is 3.98, weighted is 4.44. AP Scholar with distinction, has taken 5 AP classes and taking 4 AP’s his senior year. Ranked top 8% in his class.

1 Like

@crn46 i would NOT submit the current SAT. Being OOS, he’ll already be holistic, that score will definitely not help him.

2 Likes

Thank you! If he gets it up to 1300, should he submit it at that time? He is taking it Aug 26. I appreciate your help!

Hmm, he really needs at least a 1400+ (I think) to be competitive, or I’d apply test optional. What’s his 2nd choice major?
@ChristiR93 is the admissions guru, she’ll weigh in.