Texas A&M University Class of 2026

thank you for sharing this information! I told my daughter she should call tomorrow, but we will wait until Friday.

1 Like

Thank you. Appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

ApplyTexas folks–still no UIN?

1 Like

Nothing here yet. We did get an email from TAMU stating they hope to get it out by next week and that the delay would not impact their application in anyway.

1 Like

Same

We got her UIN early this morning! Let the next step begin!!

2 Likes

Enjoy!!!

The email with the UIN arrived around 4:30 this morning. Submitted application on August 6, so just a little over 1 week.

My daughter’s UIN came this morning as well. She submitted Aug 1.

1 Like

UIN finally came this morning! Now on to the next steps and the most grueling part….waiting.

1 Like

I was wondering what the purpose of the short answer responses were (e.g. diversity question). How much do they affect the admission decision compared to something like the application essay and how much time should I spend on them? Thanks!

Honestly we are not sure how much they’ll weigh on the decision. My suggestion is do your best on them: be honest (not cookie cutter reply), grammar checked and be concise. Get them done quickly tho. Don’t let it stall your submission.

Still waiting on UIN and submitted 8/4.

Hi. Has anyone had trouble uploading documents to the system once you received your UIN?

DD applied August 1st and got her UIN email at 4:30 AM on Saturday - 8/14.

2 Likes

So I received my UIN and connected my SRAR. It says they have received my HS Transcript and SAT score but it says that they have not received my Application fee or Essay A. Are others seeing that? Seems odd since that all comes from Apply Texas and I already received confirmation that this was all received by them. That one seems like a no brainer. I get the Top 10% review not being completed yet since that is really not an automated thing.

Question–
My son’s HS won’t be releasing final post-11th grade rank until September, and I think my son is going to be right on the cusp . . . . If he applies now and then later learns he’s top 10%, is it easy to “recategorize” the application to AA? Or would it be better to wait until he knows for sure one way or the other in September to apply? (Either way, GPA, SAT/ACT, etc. are all strong. His older brother was an academic admit from the same HS with lower stats all the way around. But, since no more academic admit . . . .)

I wouldn’t wait. What major? They will flip him from non top 10 to top 10 lickity split. No worries on that, but I’d still get the app in now.

1 Like

Okay, thanks very much! It’s not Mays or Engineering. Probably Honors program and something in Arts and Sciences or University Studies(?) w/ pre-med track.

1 Like

Outstate - Applied using apply texas and got the UIN. Is there any way to confirm if the essays were transmitted correctly?. Can I upload copies of the 5 essays in the document section in AIS as backup if the essays were not transmitted correctly

1 Like