Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Noooo they do not know this. Try not to overthink it. Easier said than done.

If you get psa, you’ll actually apply to the school you want and tamu sends your file over I believe (but after a school is selected by you).

2 Likes

FSU received 61k apps last year. Land grant U in big state. They also have Pathways but don’t make any admissions decisions until mid-February. Talk about having to be patient.

A friend of my son applied to TAMU in August but no response yet. Mays app.

2 Likes

Has it been reported yet how many applications were received by A&M by the Dec. 2021 deadline for the Fall 2022 semester? Just curious how many more they had to review than last year and if Review applicants are possibly looking at waiting longer this year to get a decision.

2 Likes

Anyone see any updates today? Wondering if since it’s MLK Day if no updates…

1 Like

I haven’t gotten anything yet but since it’s a holiday I don’t see any coming out, however, I’m applying for the first time so I’m not fully certain. Good luck though, hope you or your child gets in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck to you as well!

Nothing today, but I’m sure their offices are officially closed.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I am hoping for a big wave this week. Yes they are closed today.

This could either be full admit wave or gateway and team offers.

8 Likes

I am crossing my fingers to hear something this week, would make our lives easier. We plan to submit for housing at UNT this week and then ask for a refund of the deposit (not app fee) if accepted at A&M. Have to make sure we are covered if we don’t. His first choice has always been TAMU and 2nd was UNT.

1 Like

Quick question to anyone who knows— with GATEWAY (which I define as a student admitted in the summertime who must get a high GPA in order to continue) what happens if a student doesn’t make the GPA needed to enroll in the fall? How does that work? (Would that student be allowed to just enroll in Blynn and try to get their GPA up?)

@misterhemmings any student can enroll at Blinn, it’s just a local community college.
Gateway is designed for student success. I’m sure there’s fine print somewhere online what happens if they don’t fulfill the Gateway requirements & obligations.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/Gateway

Very very rare not to make the gpa. It’s very low… 2.0.

!

1 Like

Cool, thank you.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 , hi Christy , do you think TAMU admissions takes into consideration the competitive of high schools or do they treat all the same when reviewing applications?

I asked the same question at an on-campus admissions presentation. The admissions counselor said the competitive level of the high school was not taken into consideration. Seems pretty unfair when the top 10-20% of my son’s high school predominantly go to Ivies and other elite schools, not state schools. I’d like to also hear what Christi has to say.

4 Likes

They know the demographics of each high school. what people don’t get is that they are comparing you to your peers. To those that literally went through the same courses with same teachers and resources. Whether that’s competitive or not or somewhere in between, how you rank in your class is a good indicator on how you’ll do when in the same scenario in college (your college peers).

They do holistically look at each student so their primary goal when doing admission decisions is to make sure each student is set for success not unnecessary struggle.

Hope that helps.

4 Likes

We are ready to ride that WAVE this week!!! :slight_smile: :surfing_man: :pray: :pray: :pray:

4 Likes

I think they do but more like Christi93 said in a more indirect manner link to history and enrolled students performance. So if you ask in general they will say no.
The counselor assigned to our high school specifically mentioned since our son’s high school has been generating 60-80 NMF every year many outside top 10% still got admitted.
The counselor also jokingly mentioned that most parents think their children high school very competitive but in general all following the same curve. There are ones that are really competitive like TAMS, TAG, St Mark, LASA, SSAE where they have over 90% students are AP scholars and TAMU may take their third quartile students.

7 Likes

It is very confusing to me how TAMU admissions handles private schools who do not rank. I’m assuming it must mean they have to dig into each student’s application ? I am hoping they don’t just really more heavily on SAT or ACT score.