Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Yeah, people probably equate it to a judge saying “the jury will disregard what was just said” lol… but it truly is removed from the file as far as being input into their algorithm.

UT has Pace.

1 Like

My opinion and YMMV. My son is still waiting on acceptance decisions to 3 schools and scholarships to several. We have been having weekly talks centered around “based on what you know at this moment and the acceptances and packages you currently have, what school would you pick if the choice had to be made today?” Based on these discussions, we’ve signed housing contracts as the need has come up to certain schools to keep them in the running as “possibles”, not signed the ones for schools that he will likely not end up accepting depending on the likelihood that he will accept “based on what we know now”, and at some point I suspect he will be in the same place as your son is where a large scholarship at one of his top 3 schools will be expiring and he will need to decide to either forego it in the hopes of what is to come or make his decision to go to that school. As a new piece of information comes in (such as Ivy day decisions, scholarship info, etc.), we will re-evaluate the options and the list will change. But right now, the “list” doesn’t include anywhere that 1) he hasn’t yet been accepted to, or 2) that doesn’t have a net cost in the “ballpark” (which varies depending on “value” of the school). So…I would seriously consider accepting the Colorado State option given what you know right now about TAMU rather than risk losing that option.

4 Likes

Oh that’s right. Is it through acc?

1 Like

UT does have something similar to TEAM called the PACE program. My friends daughter is in it…a UT student, can live on campus, rush etc. and takes classes at both UT and ACC. Only for certain majors however.

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

My son is considering the Aggie Band and some of you may be interested in some admissions information shared in an email he got yesterday:

Howdy Future Aggie Cadets (and Parents) !!

Texas A&M will have 99% of all offers done in about two weeks, by March 1st for all “Freshman” Applications and if you’re a Transfer student then your application is DUE by March 1st. (https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/transfer) Remember all roads lead to Aggieland. A few of you were offered the TAMU-Galveston option for Engineering and I have already talked to 3 of you this week about how that road looks. Again, I was a Gateway student, my son a Blinn TEAM and my wife was a Transfer to A&M so you can do it.

17 Likes

I also received a reply from my daughter’s regional counselor that all decisions will be posted at the end of this month (February).

7 Likes

Do you think the end-of-the-month decisions would be just those who are “Complete and In Review”, or also include “Waitlist and Consideration for Blinn-TEAM”?

Thanks for the update!

I think all waiting for a Freshmen admissions decision

5 Likes

@cardiqueen I haven’t been on my phone today, so just reading thru ALL the comments (some pretty rude & condescending, I might add…). 110% I agree with what you said earlier about Trixie Lou being just as smart as those from mega 6A schools.

Example-one of my Aggie’s ‘23 Business Honors cohorts and best friends is from rural Atlanta, TX, lives on a tree farm. So rural that during spring 2020 when the semester abruptly went online, he didn’t have access to internet at his home. He literally lives in the middle of nowhere East TX on a tree farm. He would have to drive into town and sit in the back room of a store a family friend owned, to borrow internet and get on zoom. This kid is wickedly smart-Business Honors, Aggies On Wall Street, Finance major.

Another ‘23 Business Honors cohort and best friend is from Brownsville. He also had no internet when he had to move back home, because of family finances. He had to walk somewhere to borrow internet. He’s MIS major, BH, brilliant, and graduating a full year early…and English is not his first language.

Her roommate grew up on a sorghum farm in South Texas, graduated #2 from her small high school. She’s Engineering honors, CompSci, 4.0, has multiple scholarships, is on Exec board of her sorority and is in the very elite Order of Omega Greek honor society.

These 3 Αggies deserve to be at A&M as much as anyone else. They certainly didn’t have access to rigorous AP & IB classes, not many extracurricular clubs or programs, heck, two of them didn’t even have internet at home. They have adapted well at A&M, are campus leaders and are literally killing it at A&M (more than many of the kids from our mega competitive 6A school, who had things handed to them on a silver platter).

I think it’s pretty ballsy to judge students, simply by their hometown/size of their school. I am so grateful my daughter has close friends from literally every corner of Texas, multiple nationalities & colors, several with different sexual orientations, both poor & off the charts wealthy. She purposely chose to cut ties with the high school crowd, to broaden her horizons. I’ll take her ‘Trixie Lou, not fair/shouldn’t be there’, as several of you eluded to, friends any day!

Off my soapbox…:sweat_smile:

41 Likes

You didnt get the options either? Things will work out, and our love ones will end up where they are suppose to be. there is no perfect process, but grateful to be considered.

6 Likes

Todays comments, let me just say wow! Try not to look down your nose to those of us in a smaller town. We deserve the same opportunities at a great college too.

On another note, no change here either.

18 Likes

@COLLEGE-2026 every kid sure does deserve the same opportunity! It’s a shame there are some that feel their kids deserve more than others, simply based off demographics…

11 Likes

Small towns have just as many brilliant kids, IF NOT MORE, than big cities. I’m kind of shocked at that ignorance and hope that’s not an Old Ag that said that. Yowza.

I know it’s so hard to wait to hear anything. We have a plan B and that helps. But we are just small town folk so what do we know. Lol! #smalltownfolkdoingok

12 Likes

@CadTad99 I’m not an Aggie, but married to one & we have MANY Aggie relatives (most are West TX cotton farmers & engineers, some of the smartest in people I’ve ever met). I feel certain those trash taking small towns are NOT Aggies…

7 Likes

I get what you are saying. My dad was from small town Tennessee and got into Vanderbilt because of his SAT scores & GPA. He’s very smart. I think what everyone is saying is that not all are judged equally - and this is impossible, I know. The 10% rule is tough… it REALLY is competitive in larger high schools and that gets frustrating. I often wish I went to a less competitive HS. I do understand all sides, though. We’re all stressed and feeling like the pendulum is not swinging in our direction. Personally, it’s easy to lose my cool because I’m so over this. Between the pandemic, the online year, the cheating I see/hear daily, and this waiting — it’s really hard on all of us.

6 Likes

My nephew had the same happen at TAMU a few years ago…did a ‘gap’ CC semester and actually thrived. Trust me 3 mos at home fly by.

1 Like

@AnnKiVe i get everything you’re saying. My Aggie is Class of ‘23. She is from a district with 9 6A, mega competitive high schools. She set a goal in 9th grade, to get into the colleges of her choice. She sacrificed a LOT for 3 years, worked her tail off and it paid off. But, we’re also realists. We toured 12 large universities and she applied to those schools she knew she would get into. She had two ‘reach’ schools-USC (she got in) and Harvard (just for fun, she got declined). She had to wait until April to hear back from both, and she certainly wasn’t angry-to wait or when she got declined. She knew she didn’t have the scores to get in.
If students apply to UT and A&M, and they’re not Top 6/10%, they need to consider those ‘reach’ schools, and have other plans in place.
Life isn’t fair. Cheaters have been around for years.
I tell my kids, “You take care of you”. In the end, cheaters & slackers almost always get caught, suffer the consequences. And that makes me smile😏
I feel your frustration. I am sorry. You’ve got great scores, so hopefully you’ve got other plans in place. There are sooo many great schools out there! Hang in there and don’t let one school define you.

5 Likes