Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Yes. We are in same situation. Mark yes.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Has anyone received any acceptances? I applied august 1st, have had green checks on everything ever since middle of august for the portal, and am too 10%.

I haven’t heard of any acceptances. I would expect top 10% to hear this week or next at the latest.

2 Likes

I really hope so! A lot of people told me early October but I’m hoping it’ll be sooner

There is also a tropical storm headed to the area. There may be flooding this whole week, which may delay things a week.

Questions about application. On scholarship section, there are questions we don’t know how to answer. One is “List other scholarships you will receive.”. The other one is “List other scholarships for which you have applied.” We are OOS and S 22 is NMSF. He did not apply any scholarships yet.

In the past 5 years, top 10% who applied in august, heard mid September.

1 Like

Maybe you can check and see if you have 6 tabs yet at the top of your Howdy account. That indicates acceptance is coming soon!

My Dd is top 10% and still only 3 tabs. Applied august 3rd.

Same here. Top 10% applied Aug 1. Still only 3 tabs.

Y’all, check out this interesting message that just went out on our school message board! Have any other schools heard about this yet?

If they close this early, Mays may have to go with holistic top 10% admissions in the future, like Engineering.

Doesn’t surprise me. When my son applied at A&M (engineering, class of '24) I remember reading on the C/C thread that Mays was full in October. There aren’t many spots, and they fill up fast with the early applicant, top 10%ers.

1 Like

how long does it take typically to get an admissions decision for homeschoolers (my application was finished around late August; I am applying as a business major)?

Since not top 10% (because homeschool), you probably won’t hear this Fall unless the test scores are strong or something else sets them apart.

Agreed, luckily last year without the academic admit, there were some strong holistic reviews that were able to claim a spot. Hopefully we will see the same this year. Last year they took 1100 students I think, but typically keep it around 1000.

2 Likes

I feel like Mays needs to allow for more growth by adding more building space and hiring more staff to meet the demand. Here are their new admissions guidelines for this year:

https://mays.tamu.edu/undergraduate-enrollment-plan/

1 Like

Mays plans to enroll 1,125 Freshman this year, which is great, but I wonder if they have a plan to expand their building capacity and increase their faculty with such a high demand for their business school, and with so many deserving applicants who they just don’t have room for currently.

3 Likes