Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Does your district post information about the scale? Ours posts the scale online (5.0 weighted, 4.0 unweighted). 100 in an AP course at our school is 5.0, a 99 is a 4.9 etc.
I hear ya though. It’s frustrating and confusing when you get conflicting info. Our guidance counselor gave wrong info then corrected it. She first told me 5.0 for both weighted and unweighted, that the scale doesn’t change, that they just unweight the gpa but the scale is still the same (5.0). Then I found on the district website where they specifically said unweighted grades are on a 4.0 scale. I emailed it to her, she checked with district and then emailed me back that -yeah you can put 4.0 unweighted scale, 5.0 weighted scale. :woman_facepalming:

Its a private school, so no district information. But I think the way the question is written is confusing. ( “Enter the highest possible weighted GPA a student could get at this school.” ) Could be interpreted in different ways. He called TAMU admissions and they said to put what his counselor said. So, maybe TAMU does some of their own GPA recalculations based on the grades submitted?

I guess put what the counselor said then. Seems weird though. Seems like it should be 6.67. I’m sure TAMU will unweight and recalculate everything.

1 Like

Don’t over think it. Just put 6.0 and if it’s wrong, TAMU isn’t going to hold this against your student. It’s not a big deal. Honestly, the SRAR is just a tool for them to see course rigor and if your school doesn’t rank, then they use the demographics they have in their system provided by your school to figure out a quartile.

Put 6.0 and don’t give it another thought.

1 Like

Thank you. Good advice. We are way overthinking this and delaying by doing so. Thank you all so much!

2 Likes

Question regarding acceptance. If the applicant is in top 10% and submitted engineering as their major when do they typically see accepted notices start going out? Is it with the first round that is rumored to come out mid September (the top 10% group) or because of engineering is it later in the process? thanks!

When are scholarships awarded?

@martinezcs A&M gives very few scholarships, especially for incoming freshman. Unless your student is Nat Merit/Finalist, from one of the identified 110 Century Scholars under-represented Texas high schools or joining the Corps, don’t hold your breath for a scholarship. There are hundreds of valedictorians every year who do not receive A&M scholarships. So many competitive students applying, A&M doesn’t need to offer scholarships. They also won’t ‘match’ scholarship money offered by other schools.
Just being honest. Those that are awarded scholarships usually find out early spring.

Fortunately as a national hispanic scholar she does have a guaranteed scholarship. The college board just announced the awards on Sept 1. :grinning: :tada:

6 Likes

That’s AMAZING :bangbang::bangbang: Hoping she gets awarded A&M President’s Endowed Scholarship, as well!:crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

If top 10% and engineering, you’ll hear about acceptance first into TAMU soon and then you’ll hear about engineering. Last year engineering at cstat came out either end of September or mid October. These were for high scoring exams.

We shall see how this cycle plays out.

1 Like

WE will probably start seeing some acceptances soon. I created another thread for those peeps. This will be useful in keeping the focus on where you are in the process (waiting and beyond) on each thread.

It’s titled “After admitted to TAMU Class of 2026” or something like that. You would think I would remember since I just did it. Take your stats and next phase questions there to keep this open for those still waiting.

Looking forward to hearing all the excitement when first round comes out. Every round is exciting, so please stay happy and don’t stress. Breathe in and out.

9 Likes

Is there a day of the week that it’s most common to see acceptances?

It seems to be Tuesdays and Fridays perhaps, but literally there is no rhyme or reason. The first sign is those glorious 6tabs.

3 Likes

SAT scores came in today. Do you all know if TAMU accepts rush send from college board? My sons (twins) sent their scores today through regular delivery but now thinking they should probably send through rush delivery. Just received all check marks for one of my sons yesterday (with a previous SAT score). My other son just sent his application recently so waiting for his UIN.

CollegeBoard RUSH delivery doesn’t even guarantee your student’s SAT scores will be delivered any faster than normal and each school downloads on a schedule of their choosing anyway, some daily and others a few days a week or once a week. It’s a 2 step process- 1-SAT sends scores to colleges, 2-college downloads scores waiting for them.
Also, since this is a test optional year, you may not want to consider the payment for possibly rushed scores since they aren’t absolutely necessary, unless the scores are super impressive. My sons scores got there in a few short days, no issues, without the rush payment.

3 Likes

My daughter’s SAT score got to each college she applied to very quickly and we didn’t rush. The SAT score got to the colleges before her high school transcript did.

1 Like

Good points. One of my sons had sent a previous SAT a few weeks ago and it took about 10 days for college board to send them and another couple of days to get a green check from TAMU. His new SAT is significantly better so we want to make sure they get it soon. But if its not going to get there much faster then maybe not worth sending a second time through rush.

Howdy! I’m so sorry if this has been discussed before but couldn’t find it in my initial thread search (I’m a newbie, so thank you for your patience). Getting ready to submit soon and unsure about the question on the scholarship section, “Do you intend to apply for need-based financial aid, using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA), during the period this scholarship section would cover?” My daughter should be receiving scholarships as a NMSF. We most likely will not qualify for need based aid but have been advised to complete the FAFSA anyway. Would Yes be the accurate reply to this question, since we do intend to complete FAFSA? Daughter will be able to attend even if she does not receive financial aid. Thank you so much for your help! I very much appreciate this group and all of the wisdom shared here. Gig 'em and BTHO Colorado!

1 Like

Yes. Mark yes. We should always file fafsa. We too wouldn’t qualify but for instance, my son wouldn’t have received study abroad scholarships had hw not filed. My daughter never did it, and thus never received any scholarships merit based when she was at sfa for grad school. Her advisor finally told her that her last semester as she graduated with a 4.0 with MAT. Lol

And gig ‘em!! Let’s go Ags!!!

2 Likes