Texas A&M University Class of 2026

No change here for WAITLIST and TEAM.

Highly recommend visiting campus and college(s) your son is looking at. We were there last weekend/Monday as well as Aggieland Saturday. His Plan B - He applied this week to Blinn College-Bryan campus so he will go the straight transfer route if needed (was accepted to 6 universities with sizeable merit scholarships but 100% positive he wants to be an Aggie.) He will live with his brother off campus who is a sophomore at TAMU (and did the PTA route). Our senior has also decided he will take a summer class or two to get a head start.

Patiently waiting and hoping to hear something soon. Wishing the best for all of our seniors!

4 Likes

Yep, waiting and waiting… Haven’t heard a peep since applying in August. My daughter’s patience is wearing thin.

1 Like

Do you know if those were Gateway or Blinn Team offers or both?

1 Like

I heard about a lot of Gateway offers on Tuesday, but not any TEAM offers.

1 Like

Just wondering, did most or all of the folks who chose “TEAM only” in January already get a TEAM offer? Or are a lot of them still waiting like the TEAM+Waitlist group?

@misterhemmings if you’re going to look at Blinn, for straight Blinn CC, you’d go to the Blinn location in Bryan. I’d look at the website, to make sure the campus is open on the weekend. You can at least drive there, park and walk around outside if it is closed.

All picked “Team only” already got Blinn. Picking “waitlist only” or “waitllist/Blinn” will have to wait.

Blinn option is set to expand this year and next year as more building space close to completion so hopefully it won’t get full that easily.

7 Likes

Going off this thread and some students I work with, everyone that chose Team only has been accepted to team by now.

5 Likes

Can also go to Rellis campus. It’s one academic building (plus some other work buildings). You can at least see the campus location and figure out the distance for classes. You can take classes at both, just have to strategically plan it for time.

1 Like

No movement here either. Really thought this would be the week. I guess next week is the week!
Everyone have a good weekend and try to do something FUN! Stay off these forums, listen to some music, go out with friends (and don’t talk college,) play with your dog, and treat yourself to something yummy! See ya’ll Monday to start another exciting week! I’m beginning to really get attached to all of you :joy:

24 Likes

@AnnKiVe , or go run a Marathon. I know I am doing that for some therapy :slight_smile: Have a good weekend.

3 Likes

My youngest HS junior is about to apply, she wants either engineering or BIMS or Biology and her goal is dental school. She has very high SAT but at ranking at 11%, will Blinn hurt her chances in dental school?

2 Likes

If she’s top 11% with a high SAT, she’ll get into tamu in early rounds of acceptance.

What’s here sat

Is SAT over 1350 considered high? What is considered a ‘high SAT’ that assures you’ll probably get in. Wondering because I have a high school freshman right now

3 Likes

Dental schools look heavily on DAT scores, so where to start is irrelevent. Next is GPA and Blinn does have advantage (at least for now) as Blinn is easier to keep 4.0 GPA due to retake policy. But DAT still far more important than GPA. (e.g DAT23 GPA 3.7 is better than DAT 20 GPA 4.0) TAMU dental enrollees have average 22+ DAT.

Last year a Blinn presentation showed 24 straight Blinn/ Blinn Team candidates got to post graduate medical/dental/vet colleges (you may assume all near 4.0 GPA).

TAMU classes and tests are tougher due to the policies so GPA may be lower.

For majors, BIMS/Biology/Chemistry/BMEN. Make sure Anatomy with Lab (BIOL319/320) is completed before application. If your goal is TAMU dental school, the general classes are listed here Q&A About Dental Admissions Texas A&M College of Dentistry

5 Likes

Here Dec 2021 SAT was 1540. But if she stays at 11% she is still review admit.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the detail!

Why “TAMU classes and tests are tougher”?

1 Like

First, almost all TAMU STEM (not sure about others) tests have a few heavy weighted free response questions. Even though some students can get outside edge/assistance on multiple choice questions, failing the free response questions will result in B or C. TAMU STEM junior and senior classes are mostly project completion and free response tests. Students with solid foundation will find them enjoyable, students barely pass the foundation STEM classes will find them impossible.

Second, some Texas high schools and community colleges have retest or make-up policies to help students boost grades, TAMU does not have test-retake policy. The best TAMU offers is a professor gives bonus (free response) question in a test. Q-drop will be marked in transcript (even though it says “without penalty”). After q-drop deadline will have a grade of “W” for dropping. And q-drop by Texas law has limit of 4 (include all instituions) no more than 6. You don’t want any of Q or W in your TAMU transcript if your goal is medical/dental/vet.

6 Likes

@ALN -wow! A marathon!! Good for you!! And Good luck! I’ll eat some girl scout cookies while I root for you :wink:

2 Likes

Girl… she has nothing to worry about. Trust me. She’ll be in first wave after auto admits or possibly with them.

2 Likes