Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Sorry @DSWM, I did not mean to worry you about the disappearing answers. What was happening to my son was, after clicking Save, he would see a “Network Error” message in the top corner. Then, whatever he had just typed vanished, so he had to re-type it.

So, unless your daughter saw the same “Network Error” message, I think she is probably okay.

1 Like

Thank you so much

Thanks @ashill77 ---- yes, she got a handful of those too!

For our school we have site (Aeries) we log into for everything: grades, schedules, attendance, etc. The transcript is in the grades section. It has the complete transcript and class rank. Does your school have something like that?

Same here. My daughter is taking awhile on the essays. :slight_smile:

Editing to delete duplicate post.

Hi! How do we submit the transcript with application exactly? I do have access to her transcript in Aeries and we could upload a copy of that but isn’t that considered unofficial if it comes from the student instead of being uploaded by the school? I’m confused. :slight_smile:

• Texas residents reporting a top ten percent rankingmust submit the SRAR and also provide verification of ranking by submitting an official high school transcript with a relative numeric ranking via TREx or the upload feature in AIS.

If your ds/dd wants to live on campus, then you definitely want to apply early because housing selection is based on when offer is accepted.

2 Likes

Friend’s son is a freshman living in Callaway House. It’s not convenient to engineering but close to sports facilities. Is that a good option?

Callaway is pretty much the polar opposite side of the city from engineering. Nice place, though. I know plenty of people who have lived there for more than just a year.

My DS just submitted his application. We are OOS, so review admit. Our HS doesn’t even start until mid-September, so hopefully there will not be any need for any info from them as they don’t send out recommendation letters, transcripts, etc. until after school has started. But it seemed like a better idea to submit than to wait.

I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s comments on here! This is such a friendly, helpful group!

1 Like

Yes thank you but how do we submit the transcript via TREx or AIS? Is that something we do ourselves or that we request the guidance counselor to do? It says to submit it but I would think that we request the school to submit it. Don’t official transcripts have to come from the school directly?

@martinezcs

Under the SRAR FAQ, it says this:

When do I send my official high school and college (if dual enrolled) transcripts?
Only applicants offered admission who plan to enroll at Texas A&M University are required to submit official high school and college transcripts after graduation. Final official high school transcripts must be received by August 15 . College transcripts should be provided prior to your New Student Conference if possible. All transcripts will be used to validate the information on the SRAR. Students with inaccurate data on the SRAR may have their admission revoked or have their registration cancelled if enrolled.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but even the copy they need ahead of time to verify auto-admit status is uploaded to your account by you, then verified according to above.

Thank you yes this is the part I’m wondering about. Do we upload a copy of the transcript into the AIS ourselves?

When I went to college at ASU (25 years ago) it was so simple. I didn’t even have to write an essay. :slight_smile:

You can also have someone other than a teacher/counselor write LoR. For instance a coach from competitive sport, employer, club sponsor etc. just someone that knows your student and can attest to their dedication, commitment, passion, leadership etc etc

Ais is the applicants portal that you’ll track status through the process. The blip I copied from site said to upload that way. It’s coming from the high school but just via you. Should still be considered official. They’ll let you know if not lol. Trust me!!

1 Like

Thanks. I remember from my school days they always referred to unofficial as the copy the student provided and official as the copy sent directly from the school in a sealed envelope. But everything is so different now!

1 Like

His teacher ones are done, and they will be strong. Not many students from our area likely apply to UT-Austin or TAMU, and I think our school counselors likely believe that the deadline date is an actual deadline like most colleges (with applications being reviewed after that date) rather than this hybrid with some rolling admissions that seems to actually exist.

Actually I just went into Aeries, our schools system where we access grades including transcripts and went to print the pdf of the transcript and it says right on the top of it “unofficial transcript”. I’m going to email her guidance counselor about having her send it via TREx since it says it has to be an “official high school transcript”. I’m sure I’ll hear back from the counselor tomorrow. I have so many questions about this process… :slight_smile:

1 Like