Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Nothing here either… and it now sounds like Mays is full :frowning: I’m sad that we will have to make some adjustments in our priorities now. My son has been offered honors Business at OU and Arkansas… but if he were offered Economics at A&M, I think he’d still take it.

It took 4 days for my son.

@ceramicmom yes, 6 tabs on Howdy means admission offer is coming! Check major (it may have changed, or it could be 1st choice), watch for Housing portal to open up (this could take a couple days, but try often…super important to pay Housing deposit asap!). The official A&M banner in the mail won’t come for several weeks.
What major choices did he select?

1 Like

Note that Blinn offer likely won’t be showing until late January.
3.8 GPA is doable as many students may have AP Macro Econ/AP Micro Econ in HS, play it safe and try keeping 4.0 it is doable. If Mays is really full, University Studies with Business as Minor is also very good option if TAMU is what you preferred.
TAMU has around 5000 Mays undergraduates it also have close to 3500 Business minor students.

3 Likes

Question: If Mays is full, will the first choice Major change in AIS for the remaining applicants who have it as a first choice, or will that only change once accepted and given your second choice? Do they leave it there as your first choice in case other admitted students decline and choose another school and an opening comes available? I’m just wondering if I should advise my son to change his first choice once it’s full to give him more options for being admitted. He has a 3.8 UW GPA (4.9/6 weighted) and 15% class rank.

1 Like

Second choice should be used for back up.
Note that my DS applied in August called AO on September 16 and the lady told him he was auto admitted, it was not until September 30 for the tabs to show and another week for AIS to get updated.

1 Like

Blinn to Mays states 3.8

https://blinnteam.tamu.edu/getattachment/Programs/TEAM/Pathway-to-Business-for-students-entering-TEAM-in-2018.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

1 Like

Thank you. He was first choice Business but it’s moved him to Econ first choice now along with the 6/7 tabs showing up. No other change and housing is not open.

1 Like

To all, you are admitted to TAMU first. Changing the major will not do anything to speed up the process or give you more opportunities to get in. That would work for a transfer student, but not a freshman.

And yes, Blinn TEAM Mays is a 3.8. Change of major in house is 3.5 minimum to be looked at, but need higher more than likely to get approved.

FYI: University studies isn’t a minor for business. University Studies in Business is a general business degree with 24 business credits and then you add 2 minors to it.

Hope this helps. Basically don’t change your major on the application. OH and your 1st choice won’t change to 2nd choice until you’ve been admitted to TAMU. then they’ll remove Mays and fill in 2nd choice.

4 Likes

What if both of your majors are full because they are considered competitive? Would it be beneficial to change then? Or would they admit me and then reach out and ask what major I would like to change to?

They would admit you and ask you to choose another major.

2 Likes

What I was thinking is that if we KNOW Mays is full, then changing the first choice to something relatable like Economics and having a different second choice, like Agribusiness, would just open up more options for the student rather than having just the second choice as the one option left, IF the student is open to those other options. It isn’t about speed of getting in, it’s about getting a major you are comfortable with accepting if Mays is full, and giving options for transfer in the future. OR would spots open up later in the spring with Mays when kids decide to decline and go to UT, let’s say??

1 Like

I hear you, just know that if he gets in under 2nd choice, econ, and decides before NSC that he wants ag business, he can do a change of major request. It’s not really about options when it comes to full majors because what’s open is open and what’s not is not. My son was Mays first then ag business. He got ag business. Then realized a month later that he didn’t want ag related so he sent a request in to change to Econ. Advisor approved and emailed him to change his nsc since liberal arts wasn’t participating in the one he registered for.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way. So do what your gut is telling you.

3 Likes

So far the weekend was mostly OOS (and transfer as noted in other discussions).

2 Likes

Ughhh sorry the wait is so hard. I will say that my oldest goes to OU. A junior in journalism. He absolutely loves OU. Three out of five of his roommates are business majors and love that program at OU as well. Tons of great opportunities for them to lead and get hands on experience at OU. It’s hard when their heart is set on a specific school like TAMU but they truly end up where they are meant to be. Hoping you hear something soon. Thinking that no one will hear till after the break though.

6 Likes

Housing tab opened up for my son who so far only has the 6/7 tabs open in howdy. He’s not sure he’s going to accept TAMU offer yet since he got second major Econ, but we should deposit phase 1 to get in line for housing? He hasn’t actually received an offer letter yet so this whole thing just feels more stressful! Thanks for the very useful info. OOS and navigating this!

If he has any thought about attending TAMU and you’re okay with forfeiting the housing deposit if he doesn’t attend, then yes… do it now. It puts you in line for actually getting your dorm of choice.

AND remember to be sure you get all the way through Phase 1. It doesn’t end with the payment. You’ll know you’re done when they give you your date and time for Phase 2.

1 Like

We got an email last week to complete Phase 2.

1 Like

I had not checked in a few days, so I am not sure when it changed, but 7 tabs are there now and it looks like it is for Mays. Hopeful, but not certain. It may not be full yet. It sounds like some had housing/NSC registration open up before the official admissions offer. Where would we look for that? So far the only checklist item is to choose variable or fixed tuition.

5 Likes

Would you mind sharing stats just so we can see if we feel we have a chance or not?

1 Like