Texas A&M University Class of 2026

No you won’t be able to send anything in after the supplemental document date. They do not consider fall grades at all. Never.

1 Like

Got it, thank you so much! I’ll try to talk to my parents and see if they’ll let me send it in as my parents agree with my counselor. Thank you for all of the help and information! :slight_smile:

Sounds good. But just remember this is your college journey. Go back and look at this forum from last year’s group to see where you stand with that ACT.

Sorry you weren’t made to feel that the 31 is a good score, but it is. Very solid. Especially your English sub score.

3 Likes

Thank you so much I truly appreciate that! I’ll go back and read the forum for next year thanks foe that advice I didn’t think of that. :slight_smile: In the event I’m still not able to send in my score my main hope is my extra curriculars pull me up since I have a lot including winning a NASA hackathon in a topic related to my major but I’m not sure how much weight that would carry since it’s not standardized so I’m hoping to send it in.

1 Like

@D_B2 i assume since this counselor isn’t part of your school, you are paying her? I’d demand my money back. Waiting until Oct 15 to submit application doesn’t help (any counselor should know the earlier the better for TAMU), not submitting a 31 ACT is unconscionable to me. How recently did you win the NASA Hackathon?
Listen to @ChristiR93 … she knows her stuff.

1 Like

Ya my friend ran into a similar problem with her counselor but isn’t able to get her money back and it’s from the same area so I don’t think I’ll be able to but my counselor was really good with essays so that’s a good thing at least, she told me that it’s not officially rolling admissions so waiting to submit won’t be a bad thing. I took part in 2 NASA Hackathons last year in October (didn’t win) and I won in this years Hackathon in October so right as I submitted my application, it’s mentioned in activities, essay, and uploaded resumes since I won October 16th. Definitely I’m taking her advice and reading last years forum currently and waiting for my parents to get home to discuss the test score. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on winning the hackathons! What is your ranking shown in AIS? Are you applying to Computer Science or Computer Engineering?

Thank you so much!! :slight_smile: I’m currently applying for aerospace engineering as my first choice and Computer Science in College of Engineering as my second choice. My ranking in AIS is second quarter but not all of my classes show there unfortunately but I have sent in my transcripts from my colleges which would place me as above 4.0 weighted and I believe 4.0 unweighted (currently shows 3.64 I believe)

TAMU Engineering has ETAM, i.e. after first year students apply/choose their majors around May (actually choose in Feb and results come out around May pending Freshmen GPA). There will be second and third choice in ETAM process if they can’t make the first choice. Current TAMU freshmen class requires a GPA of 3.75 (only counts those courses taken in TAMU) for admitting first choice major.

That said, if your dream school is TAMU, your second choice should not be engineering. But if your goal is aerospace engineering, you can consider UT Arlington as a backup.

Second quarter ranking will be tough so reporting a 31 ACT is actually your best hope.

1 Like

Got it thank you so much! Would they still consider my outside courses as they are all from colleges/universities so they don’t show up in my SRAR GPA and will they take into account that it doesn’t show up into that GPA? My dream school is TAMU, however, I don’t really see myself being able to do anything outside of engineering since I’ve been doing it my whole life but I’ll look into UT Arlington thanks!

TAMU favors AP classes. For DC, IB and college credits, they will also consider them but too many of them may hinder your admission.

Note that if your high school does not offer AP Physics 2/C, and you take similar classes in local colleges, that’s ok and will work in your favor. You will still have to take Physics 206/207 in TAMU as the competitiveness is totally different.

Okay thank you so much! I took AP Calc AB and Physics Honors last year and I’m taking AP Physics 1, AP Spanish, and AP Stats this year. I took Intro to Business, Intro to Object Oriented Programming, and Intro to Astronomy at Community Colleges with Intro to Microeconomics at a University. We have AP Physics 2 at school, however, the only way to do that is to take a science over the summer which was discouraged at our school, would that look bad on me?

It won’t look bad. Main concern will still be reporting the ACT score. Test optional only happens this year and last year and from last year forum, you can tell most who don’t submit scores will not have any decision until January earliest.

1 Like

Just to clarify - the 3.75 GPA is for automatic entry to first choice major. A student may still get their first choice even if they don’t have 3.75.

Okay thank you so much for all of the help and advice and I’ll keep you guys updated! :slight_smile:

That’s reassuring to know, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Hi All, it has been a while. Taking a break in this long weekend (and after watching disappointing loss to LSU). Thanks @aggiemomhelp advice on dorm earlier this year. I ended up in a condo on bus route because I cannot afford being sent home if I contract the virus.
I am from OOS and a freshmen Aggie in general engineering. Many people may not notice this is the first year ever that A&M ranks higher than UT in overall engineering in USNews. Whoop! Gig 'em!

Seeing you discussing ETAM I just want to add that “3.75” is the official “auto-admit”. In reality it is 3.78 or 3.8 because you just can’t get 3.75 with the minimal ETAM 26 hours. In competitive areas like CS and Aerospace, a lot of ETAMers are 4.0. Last year 79 out of around 160 Aerospace are 4.0 so I was told by my academic advisor don’t count on the “3.75 thing”. Just like @FriscoDad said this year they let us choose up to three engineering choices.

5 Likes

Ahhh got it! That’s using only courses taken at TAMU right?

Great to hear about UT and congrats on getting in and I hope you get into the major of your choice for next and future years! :slight_smile:

@D_B2 your A&M gpa is always only courses taken at TAMU; courses taken at community college, junior college or other universities appear on the transcript, but only credits are given, grades never averaged into A&M gpa.

1 Like