Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Applied major?

Please go into your MYACT account and send your score to Tamu today!! It will take 5 minutes. A good score like that can only help you, not hurt you.

2 Likes

It is about what each university considers a good score amongst their applicants. Not what is a good score for your high school.
The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,270 and the average ACT score is 29. Scores above average should be sent. You should have your score of 31 sent to A&M.

3 Likes

Hey there… this is the old Aggie mom help. Glad you have found your path and a great place to stay off campus. Hope you’ve stayed happy and healthy. First semester is always the toughest for transition.

And omg the game was awful. So frustrating.

Thank you for the info on ETaM and what you’re hearing and seeing first hand.

Push hard through finals and enjoy your Christmas break.

I am not sure I agree with you on the international baccalaureate opinion you have here. The IB diploma acceptance rate is very very high compared to non-IB. At least that is what I have seen.

Thanks Good Luck to you too!

1 Like

Thanks! I was wondering why your handle disappeared. Yep staying in CS for the final. (They called Wednesday before Thanksgiving day “Reading Day” for a reason…

IB and AP are the same as far as if you accept credit or not once in college. So I don’t think it hinders a student like too many dual credits do (since you have to accept them).

Is that what you’re thinking too?

I think so. The point I was trying to make is that an IB diploma candidate seems to have a very high acceptance rate at the school compared to non-IB diploma candidates. So I was trying to say that it doesn’t hinder you and it actually provides a great deal of help.

The engineering early action deadline is kinda sorta meaningless, based on previous years. Its just best for all applications to be submitted as soon as reasonable and automatically sending new scores as tests are taken.

In previous years, there have been review applicants who met EA yet get a message in Dec stating that decisions should come out by Feb/Mar. Since almost half of the entering freshman are engineers, IMHO Tamu appreciates getting all the engineering applications as soon as possible so they can be processed (additional review, who is offered Galveston, who is offered Bryan Engineering Academy, etc).

Its a competition with the other applicants so you want to make your application looks as good as possible. So sorry that someone told you NOT to send in that score but you can do it now.

2 Likes

I think you misunderstood @FriscoDad, he said admission doesn’t like “a lot” of it. A&M only accepts up to 24 IB credits by law. It has nothing to do with acceptance on the quality and capability of the student. The perception is the students want to study ahead and shorten the college time. It will be fairer for those students to apply transfer instead of freshmen.

One classmate in Python class told me she worried about her ETAM as she claimed away the “easy” M151 and M152 with IB. Credit doesn’t count towards GPA and her advisor said she might jump ETAM after just one semester because she has nothing else to take. Now she regret that as she is likely getting a B in Python after midterm and her ETAM GPA is around 3.5. She is also somehow struggling (high B) in a government class which @ChristiR93 suggested me to take in community college in summer. Her hope now is a holistic review in December.

Business School has something similar like PPA application, so as S2M in Science College.

I am sure there are few gifted students out there and many claim “I have a friend or a cousin did this or that” and straight As all the way. But I think A&M tries to avoid having to holistically approve students in situation like my classmate.

3 Likes

It is “At least” 24 credits of IB credit If you receive the international baccalaureate diploma. Am aware of many students that come in with 30+ hours because they scored well on the IB tests and receive the diploma. If you get the diploma you get 24 credits no matter what.

https://testing.tamu.edu/AP-IB-Credit

Also, most of the data suggests that IB diploma candidates have a ~25 percent higher acceptance rate at Texas A&M.

Agree the holistic review process looks at everything but they certainly appear to really like IB diploma students.

I’ll try to do that today, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Okay thank you so much!!

I wonder if early college HS grads also have higher acceptance rate. If you already have an associates degree, it’s quite easy to graduate in 3-4 years and make graduation stats look great.

1 Like

@tristatecoog from what I’ve seen/read on Aggie Parent pages, those associates degrees can actually hurt students, depending on the major. For example, you can’t change major or transfer into Mays with more than 60 total hours. Associates degrees can make it difficult for entering freshman to get classes, because they’ve taken most basics, but upper level classes are full.
From a financial standpoint it can be great, but trying to change majors or get classes as a freshman can be next to impossible.
I am sure it works out very well for some majors, but definitely not all. And I think there’s a big difference between the true Early College High Schools (which seem to be very competitive, strong academics) vs a student who just takes a lot of courses at their local community or junior college.

2 Likes

Business

1 Like

New to this. Son applied in September.
Mays first choice, College of Education second. 1350 SAT, SRAR 1st quarter, 5 APs before end of 11th grade, 10 APs by next May. GPA 3.7 unweighted. Good ECs, work in Accounting firm from 9th grade to 12th grade. Any chance? Is Mays full by now?

1 Like

Sounds like great stats. We have not had confirmation that Mays is full. Hang in there.