Texas Tech University or Texas State University

I’m currently juggling between these two colleges. I am planning to major in accounting or MIS but for sure I wanna do something in the business field. I visited Texas State and the campus was beautiful and I like how its close to Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. On the other hand I haven’t been able to visit Texas Tech I was planning to but then the pandemic happened. Also from where I live Texas Tech is really far from home but I feel like they might have a better business program out there. And the thought of being that far scares me because I don’t know anyone going to Texas Tech. Also, is Texas Tech diverse?

What makes you think that Tech has the better business program? When you look at the course catalogues and the graduation requirements for both places, does one offer things that you like better?

It really, truly is OK to contact the career centers on each campus, and ask where their graduates find internships and jobs. So do that. It might help you get a good sense of which place is really for you.