The 10 Undergraduate Business Programs That Will Get You The Best Starting Salary

<p>Old news, but here’s the link in case this hasn’t been reported previously.</p>

<p>[The</a> 10 Undergraduate Business Programs That Will Get You The Best Starting Salary - Business Insider](<a href=“http://www.businessinsider.com/highest-salaries-undergraduate-business-schools-2011-3?op=1]The”>http://www.businessinsider.com/highest-salaries-undergraduate-business-schools-2011-3?op=1)</p>

<p>“Surprisingly, some of the best salaries don’t come from the best programs.”</p>

<p>Other than UA, I’m not sure what programs this refers to are all are pretty prestigious.</p>

<p>Why does UA’s picture have a small (appearing somewhat distressed) child in a UA shirt, rather than some of the beautiful campus buildings as other do?</p>

<p>Interesting, to what do we attribute Bama’s high rank? I wonder how many are employed OOS?</p>

<p>Looks like my kid picked the right major at the right school. I think I’ll incorporate this data into my repertoire of responses to “the look.” :)</p>

<p>Thanks for posting this, rip. It was news to me.</p>

<p>Interesting OP! </p>

<p>…and if the article was: The 10 Undergraduate Business Programs That Will Get You The Best Starting Salary with the Least Annual Tuition Cost(s) then Alabama would be ranked #4</p>

<p>For those with NMF and/or the Presidential Scholarship: #1</p>

<p>Little squeal of joy - except I agree, the UA photo looks like the editorial staff made a bit of a blooper. I would also be interested in the OOS stats but I think it is clear that Culverhouse is becoming a Powerhouse. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>I’ll have to show this to my hs soph DS. Maybe it will convince him to prep for the ACT instead of his usual approach of winging it.</p>

<p>In another survey [Best</a> Undergraduate Business Schools 2012 - Businessweek](<a href=“Bloomberg - Are you a robot?”>Bloomberg - Are you a robot?) UA was tied with a bunch of other schools at 17th with a median starting salary of $55,000 (table is sortable). Business Insider showed an average (mean?) starting salary of $57,000. I don’t see a meaningful difference between the two. In fact, they tend to confirm one another.</p>

<p>Another aspect to consider is that many of the schools with higher starting salaries are located in or near cities with a high cost of living and where starting salaries are inflated as well. I think $55,000 might go a lot further in the South than NYC, DC, Boston, or California.</p>

<p>Curious as to why UA’s starting salary is at this level. Is it because there is a high number of accounting students (UA ranks 18th in Public Accounting Report) combined with the University Scholar graduates as compared to other schools with marketing, management graduates?</p>

<p>Also interesting, is the percentage of graduates employed & going on to what I assume is an MBA. I didn’t look at the other schools, but it seems like a lot going to grad school.</p>