The Bragging Thread

My daughter (HS junior) recently played Dorothy (yes that Dorothy) in her community theater group. Dad aside, she was fantastic. She did a FB post of a pic of her as a little girl in a Dorothy Halloween costume side by side with her current get up and wrote along the lines of “Sometimes dreams do come true”. Had me in tears, lump in my throat, etc. And then you listen to her sing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and lots of folks moved to tears. Definitely doesn’t get that talent from me.

@rickle1 Awesome win for the home team!!

@privatebanker If you mean my daughter, that was really fun and emotional. If you mean the Sox last night, great come back win in 10. Have to get to a game this year!

Daughter. lol. Didn’t know about the Sox. It’s tough to follow so many winners in New England. Exhausting

Before anyone attacks. This is the bragging thread. Lol.

@rickle1: Smiling over here at your news. Truly happy for all of you.

@Waiting2exhale Thanks so much. I’ll miss all the singing and dancing when she heads off to wherever her dreams take her. (I won’t miss the tears - the drama tears that is, and there are lots of them, but that’s part of the deal.)

I’m so proud of my daughter for being one of the valedictorians of her gradating HS class. She kept her head down, did the work and in the process surprised quite a number of people (not me though :wink: ) But I’m even prouder that she organized and paid for her senior trip to NYC and Boston from CA. A week with a couple of friends and she didn’t really need me to do a thing except be her sounding board.
Also proud of my son for finishing middle school with a 4.0 (unweighted grading system in our district). He also surprised his classmates because he comes across as very laid back and not necessarily studious. But he’s a hard worker which should work well in HS.
*Love that there’s a bragging thread since I can’t do it irl.

Forgot to brag a few weeks ago about my youngest graduating Georgetown with his MBA. In the last 10 months, each of my three sons earned graduate degrees. We are so proud of them and pleased for them.

Congrats @VaBluebird.

My MD resident daughter just got published as first author on an article about gender disparity in her speciality. So proud of her!

2 Likes

Figured out an answer to a serious problem this week. Now to sort out that answer going forward.

Our youngest just paid off her grad school student loans!

Just did a radio show about Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and vaping. It’s going to be a podcast and added to our website.

Also talked on the show about how we are having our 13th Annual COPD Education Day and the speakers we will feature. It should be great!

The radio host is an internist and may be joining out Board of Directors! She will be an awesome addition!

I woke up to an email from a reporter that I talked to a few months ago. The New York Times wants to run a story about my research! (Michigan’s eugenic sterilizations)

Between that and the pregnancy, it’s definitely been a month lol

Wow, congratulations!

This going to sound weird–I’m going to brag about a job my kid didn’t get.

D1 applied for a medical fellowship in Helicopter Medical Evacuation and Rescue in the country she just emigrated to. This fellowship is elite & very competitive. Out of an applicant pool >60, she was among the 24 finalists interviewed. She was the ONLY woman interviewed, the ONLY non-Commonwealth physician interviewed and one of only 5 or 6 non-military veterans interviewed. She didn’t get either of the two fellowship positions offered, but she was the first alternate.

D1 was disappointed she didn’t get the position; OTOH her husband was quite relieved she didn’t because the job is very physically demanding and the work can be quite dangerous.

My daughter (senior in hs) auditioned for a professional singing gig at a well known amusement park and got the part! Such a great feeling since she plans to apply to musical theatre and acting programs for college.

I finished my first 10 mile race yesterday!

Congrats, @FallGirl ! That is quite an accomplishment! Now you have a baseline time and know what to expect the next time!

Thanks @bajamm . I just signed up to run a half in April.