The Bragging Thread

<p>congrats, syrstress!! About to be a MOG!!</p>

<p>VH:
SEPA= Southeastern Psychological Association</p>

<p>S1 completed a 4-week support group for students with ADD
went to all of them, arrived on time, and participated with a happy heart. So I’m a happy momma!</p>

<p>My college senior was just notified that she will be inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.</p>

<p>D was given the lead in the final opera of her senior year and grad school acceptances are coming in! And, we just bought a house!</p>

<p>Congrats to your D, MD Mom. </p>

<p>I walked 25 miles last week and 20 miles this week.</p>

<p>Son has only been home two days and he’s already built the TIE fighter, X wing, A wing, and all of the small planet sets, Series 1, 2, and 3. He’s considering buying the Y wing and tackling it as well. I have a feeling I know where his first real live paycheck will go. </p>

<p>Proud of myself for encouraging his love of Legos and willing to spend the money on these wonderful toys.</p>

<p>Son has fixed the shower curtain in the house and cleaned up a lot of junk on my computer. </p>

<p>Looks like that engineering degree will come in handy around the house!</p>

<p>I will be singing the National Anthem at our state teachers’ representative assembly convention on May 10. I did this last year and am thrilled that I was invited to do so again!</p>

<p>Youtube videos are allowed on cc! Just sayin’ ;)</p>

<p>Unfortunately no one will be taping it
unless I can get a friend to do it on their iPhone.</p>

<p>Try try try! That’s awesome, Thumper!</p>

<p>Way to go, thumper1!</p>

<p>NOT an easy one to sing. </p>

<p>My brag: I finally had a dream where I was unprepared but I wasn’t stressing. I think I’m finally feeling good about my competencies!</p>

<p>S’s GF had a very successful grad school application cycle. She will be attending a top 3 program in education, which happens to be at the same university where S is a first year law student. They will be reunited after a year apart!</p>

<p>Great to read everyone’s brags here! </p>

<p>Now for mine: DD landed a great paid internship for the whole summer - and then some.<br>
Best part- it is close to home, so she will be home all the time and commute.</p>

<p>Great news, vicarious!!</p>

<p>I went outside today
</p>

<p>without my coat on.</p>

<p>DS 1 was offered a 9 week paid undergraduate summer research position at an out of state university. A travel allowance and housing/meals are provided. Will miss him but proud and happy for this opportunity.</p>

<p>I bought a new (to me) car today, a 2012 Volvo S60. I know that doesn’t sound like a brag, but I’ve been going back and forth on a new car for about 2 years
so to finally get one is really something!</p>

<p>S2 got his first paycheck yesterday <em>and</em> he likes his job!</p>