The Class of 2027 – Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

So sounds like no pop song required?

Does anyone know who was on the panel for CCM’s acting auditions at the NYC Unifieds? I want to write a thank you email, but I can’t because there aren’t any photos attached the names on the CCM website! Thank you!

Do any waitlists from fall auditions move before March?

My D just had her audition for Rider and was accepted at the very end of the audition!! She was also accepted into Fullerton purely from her prescreens. Has anyone heard results from these schools ??

2 Likes

Hi, congratulations to your D!
My D received an acceptance letter from Fullerton (through Accepted), but the University portal application status is still pending. Has your D’s application status changed in the CSUF portal yet?

1 Like

I’m not sure if her application status has changed, I’ll have to check!

Following!

Soo…. Who has head from schools since Unifieds? Yes, no, maybe. We haven’t yet, but hear many saying they’ve gotten decisions from schools but not mentioning which schools. Just curious if they are any of the ones on our list. Fun game while we kill time? Pre Unifieds, we got quick no from Ithaca within days of virtual audition and quick yes from Marymount within days of live audition. Anyone else? Don’t be shy, it’s basically anonymous, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

We got acceptance email from Baylor and acceptance phone call from UAB. We haven’t heard from any other schools yet.

5 Likes

Email offer from Temple on Sunday evening after Chicago Unifieds. Pre Unifieds had a phone call offer from Indiana in early January, email/snail mail offer from Ohio and an email offer from Memphis both in the fall

3 Likes

Got a Ball State no yesterday, and I heard about some temple no’s as well

2 Likes

Thanks for update, yeses are coming! Heard no’s come much quicker.

2 Likes

I went to NY Unifieds. I have only heard back from Ohio University through the mail. It was a yes!

4 Likes

Was yours for sure acceptance into the BFA MT program. My son received a letter yesterday too but it just said congratulations on admission to the college of fine arts , not specifically the program.

3 Likes

My son got an informal text on Monday from Rider thanking him for auditioning at unifieds this past weekend and “hoping to connect” with him soon. :blush:

4 Likes

@alicem88 That sounds like a good sign! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here! Fingers crossed for both of us!

2 Likes

Mine was for the acting program. It was interesting, I notified that the majority of applicants in January were for musical theater. I was the first acting applicant they had all day (11am).

It appears that they are phasing out the MT program. Upper classmen can finish out the degree but there will be less and less MT students as they aren’t accepting any more. Additionally, some students are choosing to transfer to other colleges, which will further reduce the students in the program. Seems they have more faith in on camera acting programs than live theatre. Given what AI can do digitally it seems to me like the wrong choice. If any performing art form is safe from AI it’d be live performance. Oh well!

2 Likes

My DS got his acceptance from Rider yesterday! :tada:

6 Likes