the identification of the gunman???

<p>I agree, in fact the gunman resembles the Columbine shooters/"school shooter stereotype" much more than he resembles the "Asian stereotype." Race talk isn't necessary, accurate, or prudent right now.</p>

<h2>"Race talk isn't necessary, accurate, or prudent right now."</h2>

<p>Very well said and all of us should adhere to that..</p>

<p>Whoever has such concerns , will in no way feel less than what they for the victims of the VT tragedy. They have all right to be concerned about the repercussions which will take place. </p>

<p>'All of the United States think that way' Actually the MAJORITY of the United States think that way. And its the few who dont that most are concerned about.</p>

<p>huashi-- so all you care about is your visa? the news that the gunman was not a Chinese was a good news for you?</p>

<p>SHAME ON YOU.</p>

<p>yup huashi.. thats not good mate but i do understand your concerns...</p>

<p>Huashi's concerns are not out of line at all. We are ALL worried about the far-reaching consequences of this terrible tragedy...safety on campuses, increased racism against Asians, enrollment at VaTech, and even how other countries will react to what they may perceive as a dangerous venture (attending college in the States). </p>

<p>Additionally, she has expressed feelings of responsibility for the actions of a maniac in a heartfelt way....which is culturally appropriate to her. I would like to say to Huashi this...In America, we don't expect Asians or those of Korean descent to take responsibility for the actions of one mentally ill young man. In our culture, it isn't your shame. Anyone of any other race or ethnicity could have become mentally unstable and committed this crime...we all recognize this.</p>

<p>Idmom06 has spoken on behalf of all american and shown how thoughtful and understanding most of them really are....</p>

<p>Thanks idolmom ..very well put. </p>

<p>miemie - Relax. We shouldn't really be arguing over this. Keep peace.</p>

<p>THANK YOU for all ppl giving me understandings.</p>

<p>ur welcome... i hope we dont raise questions regarding the americans attitude again.. remember all the problems are due to a minority..</p>