The Million Dollar Band is Awesome!

<p>Since we stayed in Hoover this time, we arrived extra early as we didn’t know what kind of Gameday traffic we’d catch.</p>

<p>We arrived at the lot near the soccer lot, across from Arby’s, where we parked last year, around 9:30 am. Got to watch the band practice not only the Elvis halftime show, but also, the pregame show. </p>

<p>They are amazing! </p>

<p>After the Parent Tailgate, we went to the Walk of Champions, and since we saw the band practice, didn’t go to the Quad, but went right into the stadium so we could catch the band come out onto the field.</p>

<p>They were phenomenol, and this time, decked out in their uniforms.</p>

<p>Now, when I say band, I’m not just talking about the people with the musical instruments. I’m talking about those amazing drum majors, baton and flag twirling girls, and those amazing cheerleaders. I’m probably leaving somebody out, but I’m telling you, everyone who contributes to these performances are just awesome.</p>

<p>Kudos to the dedicated staff, parents and students who put on such an awesome show.</p>

<p>We really enjoyed your performance and really appreciate all your hard work!</p>

<p>PS. Band director said the next show will be an Elton John performance, including Pinball Wizard. Since we probably won’t make another game this year, sure hope someone posts the show on Youtube!</p>

<p>I was also at the practice on Friday as my son is in the band. It was great. But I was not prepared for the game on Saturday. Everything was so fun and the school spirit was like I never imagined. The band was so good in Woods Quad and than again at the pep rally. </p>

<p>The game was awesome. I was watching some of the videos on YouTube this morning. I was able to find pregame, halftime, woods quad and the parade if anyone is interested in looking.</p>

<p>Montequt is right. It takes a whole lot of folks to make this performance look easy. Congrats to ALL band members.</p>

<p>I was also at the practices on Friday and Saturday and really enjoyed them. My son is a freshman in the band all the way from Texas. We missed the Woods Quad performance. Do you have a link?</p>

<p>Robin- my son is also a freshman in the band. I don’t know how to link the you tube video but all I did was google ‘Million Dollar Band and North Texas’. I clicked on the first hit by chub and once I loooked at that video it linked me to the others. That is where I found the Woods Quad link. It is really neat. Sorry I cannot help anymore.</p>

<p>My son loves the band. He plays the mellophone.</p>

<p>[The</a> University of Alabama Million Dollar Band plays “Tusk” - YouTube](<a href=“The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band plays "Tusk" - YouTube”>The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band plays "Tusk" - YouTube)</p>

<p>[Alabama</a> Million Dollar Band Sings the Alabama “Alma Mater” - YouTube](<a href=“Alabama Million Dollar Band Sings the Alabama "Alma Mater" - YouTube”>Alabama Million Dollar Band Sings the Alabama "Alma Mater" - YouTube)</p>

<p>[Alabama</a> Million Dollar Band Plays “Yeah, Alabama” - YouTube](<a href=“Alabama Million Dollar Band Plays "Yeah, Alabama" - YouTube”>Alabama Million Dollar Band Plays "Yeah, Alabama" - YouTube)</p>

<p>I would have loved to have seen the Woods performance. The director was describing the setup during Saturday morning’s practice, and it sounded like it was going to be visually awesome. Thanks for the links. I’ll be sure to check them out.</p>