The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

also, tip to everyone-
GO ON HEMMINGWAY AND DOWNLOAD GRAMMARLY IT SAVED ME IT WILL SAVE U TOO.

@Mercurrii

it’s fine. I can get over an annoying dress code.

i just didn’t apply bc i was kind of looking for reasons to not have to do an app(I thought they only did gateway). Also, the admissions lady at the TSAO event was actually really nice!

If i knew they were on gateway before, i definitely would have applied.

WHo knows? maybe i’ll end up dressing like donald trump in high school

Oh yeah, this is probably either illegal or I just cheated the system-
since I didn’t pay my fees or finished my profiles yet for family reasons I couldn’t access my essays and type them y’ know so I used that view button and copied them on to Word and just typed and saved my essays there for now oops.

DONT ARREST ME I’LL PAY THEM IN A BIT I PROMISE

@ens2006 Yeah IKR SHE IS SO NICE MY GOD.

do you mean SAO oops

DONT SAY STUFF LIKE THAT >:0

(Fr tho you never know if the AOs are on here or not)

@ens2006 yeah, the dress codes at Hill are what kept me from requesting the school on my referral list, too. Nothing against the school, but I’ve got that Cali casual vibe and I don’t think I could survive wearing a whole suit everyday–

Also, @Mercurrii, which schools are you applying to? Have you ranked your top choices yet?

@TheHappinessFund -

oop

me too but like, it doesn’t hurt, y’ know. the AO herself too was like, yeah, we don’t get as many applications as other schools cuz of the dress code. but for me, that just means less competition oops

@TheHappinessFund SORRY AHH DIDNT SEE U THERE

I decided not to rank them, per se, but treat them with equal love and attention. I mean, they’re all amazing. so why rank them like that? and since I only picked schools I know I’ll love to go to, shouldn’t the playing field be even?
just my opinion, idk

Yeah, makes total sense. I asked because ABC makes us rank them, so they know which schools to refer me to.

@TheHappinessFund ohhh okay. i get it.

you should ask our other friends on this thread though, I think most people rank them.

oh and I’m applying to
Lville

Exeter
Andover
Peddie

Hill

SPS
Hotchkiss
and Choate

you’re gonna get into at least 5/8 schools bet–

@TheHappinessFund bet

watch me only get in one though cuz ik lville lady hates me and hill lady loved me

ALSO WAIT NOT TAFT FALSE INFO I HAVENT UPDATED MY LIST IT WAS HILL

oml,you’re at least gonna get into more than me,

@TheHappinessFund SHUSHSHSUHSUSHU STOP TAKE UR OWN ADVICE SMH

HhHHHHhhH I’m starting to wonder if I even have a chance; I even had a dream of me opening a letter and getting a waitlist from Exeter lmao

@SolarJ and that’s the dreams starting up, expect a few more of those before the January freakout starts up…

@ens2006 we’re praying for you, hon.

and I wouldn’t be so unsurprised to find people I know. @HappyCria (forgive me fren >.<) happens to be one of my closest friends here, and we didn’t even realize until two months in!

and to all of you applicants - relax. you are not suddenly going to discover that you are LEGENDARY at playing water polo and Groton’s entire varsity water polo team JUST-SO-HAPPENED to be all seniors this year (which I cannot confirm, for the record). y’all seem like a fairly solid bunch, from where I’m sitting. your application is as good as it’s ever going to be, so don’t worry yourselves so much about it! you’ll all be awesome next year, BS or not.

that said I’m fully aware nothing will stop you from freaking out-

You all are applying to so many schools. I’m only applying to 5 schools. Which is a bit risky.

They’re also going to not know what a break is for the rest of the year, all the way into June. so, consider yourself wise. the risk is worth it for your health.

And I’m not joking, y’all. I applied to 12 schools and both my mental health and physical health have dropped as a result. I wouldn’t apply to more than 10, looking back.

MODERATOR’S NOTE:

ENOUGH WITH THE SHOUTING

@skieurope oops, sorry. note taken.