The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

Ditto! And I find myself logging in exponentially more as we approach M10.

4 Likes

And my kid doesn’t even bother checking emails (I have to remind him because regularly no one sends him anything, it’s not his school account which they also rarely use) or portals. Kids use social media to communicate, not email. He’s received way more emails from coaches than general BS communication.

1 Like

How important are grades? i had 3 As and 2 bs and am kinda worried about how much those Bs matter

1 Like

I guess it depends on which school you applied.

3 Likes

I think it depends where you are applying, what school you are coming from, and what level class the grade was in (e.g., honors). additionally it seems what else you are bringing the school athletics and music seem to be weighted pretty heavy (at least from what I have read on this forum).

3 Likes

i applied too taft and the gunnery, and i see, i do 3 sports (basketball cross country and track) and I play trombone.

2 Likes

i also scored a 84 on the ssat

1 Like

84% on SSAT is above Taft median (probably aroud 75-80%). You GPA might hurt your chance a bit.

1 Like

gotcha, thank you!

1 Like

@RoonilWazlib99 I wholeheartedly agree with the responses you have received and think you handled this perfectly!

Does anyone know whether The Peddie School has its own admissions portal? I don’t recall being informed about how decisions are to be released on 10 March.

2 Likes

^ Same question for SPS

3 Likes

@babysnoopy For what it’s worth, it appears that St Paul’s had a portal last year - Prep School 2022 Decision Release Timing

1 Like

How about Groton? Portal or email?

Thanks!

@Pixiedust2 Again, for what it’s worth, it appears that Groton had a portal last year too. It’s possible that the links have not been shared yet. Best of luck on 10 March! :sparkles:

1 Like

My kid is relieved that he at least got into his safety school (which notified him today March 1 as required). Not a GLADCHEMMS or HADES or whatever acronym school. Makes waiting until March 10th for he and I a bit less stressful but still puts the entire Holding One’s Breath for the Future notion into perspective. Hope everyone is happy by March 11th!

7 Likes

@Pixiedust2 I am also applying to groton this year and I do have a portal. Maybe go through your email and recheck if you had any emails about the portal. gl for march 10!

2 Likes

Hi - We have a portal as well - it was send after of application was paid. I do not think we have gotten a reminder email to check there for M10. Many of the schools are still sending those notices out. I do not think it is big deal to call and ask the office for a link if you cannot locate it. I suspect they would prefer that now than being inundated on M10.

3 Likes

Thanks, I did go back and just realized we have it. Good lord, can March 10th come already!

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

What is GLADCHEMMS or HADES? Sorry, I’m a new at this Independent School stuff!

2 Likes