The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

I think it was 8am last year

4 Likes

Thanks! Did you get an email from them with that info?

2 Likes

Actually, it was 7:05 AM and it’s because I applied last yr :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Wow

2 Likes

Gotcha! Good luck!!!

1 Like

Here’s the release times thread from 2022… Prep School 2022 Decision Release Timing - Prep School Admissions - College Confidential Forums

1 Like

Last year my son only got a fedex notification from Exeter but he ended up getting accepted at Exeter, Lawrenceville, Choate and Cate so don’t worry if you don’t have ups/dhl/fedex notifications. We are in California and didn’t receive most of the packages until a few days after M10 also.
Good luck to everyone!

8 Likes

Suffield wasn’t on any of them! But Christiania helped me get the info!

1 Like

About that…I’ll stick to my 6-8 estimate because I thought the response was from someone asking about Blair academy :sob::sob: super sorry

1 Like

I feel your pain.

We got one of each. No. Waitlist and a YES.

However, that YES was our worst case scenario. Yes but denied FA. Our ask for FA was aligned with what was assesses by SSS but as we all know the schools are not obligated to offer anything.

We went into this with good understanding within the family that we cannot do FP for various reasons…. Still a tough pill to swallow as a family.

Hopefully in few hours, we will get better news from other school.

Good luck to all families who are waiting for good news.

3 Likes

First rejection from cate! I’m just glad I got another descion I don’t rlly care :skull::skull::skull:

7 Likes

I guess it must be a no for us then bc I don’t see anything like that on the portal. How did you find it on there? Ughhh

1 Like

YOU GUYSSS I GOT INTO MILTON (MY PACKAGE CAME) AND NMH AND I GOT A NOTIFICATION FROM DEERFIELD IM ABOUT TO CRY. (its a compleate sentence cc.)

14 Likes

Afternoon releases by east coast schools are intended to make this something students can do after school, at least those who are in the same time zone - generally the majority.

3 Likes

I was waitlisted at Deerfield and St. Mark’s, not feeling to great right now.

and just found out I got waitlisted at CA

2 Likes

You can appeal to the school for more FA! It does not always work but I appealed my daughter’s FA at her current school and was successful in reducing it significantly. My friends daughter also did the same thing with similar results at their school as well. They were initially denied but right before April 10 last year they came back with a better number for them. Don’t give up - the worst that will happen is they say no!

1 Like

Messaged you. Hoping it was just a glitch for us and you get good news this morning!

1 Like

Just got a positive notification from Dublin - a personalized video from the head of school. Very nice and thoughtful! But now I have to refrain from sharing news because S27 has opted to wait until he gets home from school today to receive all the news… just have to keep quiet for the next hour or so… I think I can do that?

6 Likes

I’m so glad I have this board. I remember when I was in high school applying for colleges, it seemed like everyone was getting in everywhere… but in retrospect, I know I was only talking about the places that I got in, too! I’m expecting a fair number of "no"s today, so it’s nice to not feel alone in my disappointment. I really, truly, honestly do believe that people usually end up at the school that’s right for them.

10 Likes