The Tours, The Journey and the Decisions moving forward

It’s Installment #9, round 2, for us. S is waiting for MM decisions. Installments #3-#9 all repeat after the undergrad search concludes.

@Melodyminor - hang in there, only a couple more weeks of waiting.

Happy Ides of March. That is all.

Well it’s the 15th. We are supposed to hear from CCPA today and Frost said they were “aiming for” decisions on 3/15. Which likely means 3/20 since they are on spring break and we saw that Canelink will be down tomorrow through Sunday. :-((

Would love to hear from Frost this week, but yea I think we still have a week or two.

It won’t be a week or two. It will likely be next week, probably mid week. Looking back at last year they were notified on Tuesday the 21st. The year before was a couple days after that so end of next week at the very latest for sure.

My pessimism is driven by the Miami general admissions office’s missing its EA deadline previously, and rumblings in the 2022 applicant Miami thread on CC that RD notifications will also be pushed back. If Frost has to coordinate with university admissions, or send notifications through that office, maybe we see a delay. If Frost independently send out their notifications, then I agree there is no reason to expect later than middle of next week.

Hmmmm interesting. I spoke with an admissions counselor at Frost who told me they “shoot for 3/15” but sometimes regular admissions can hold that up. I don’t think they can release independently. DId the RD decisions go out the same day as Frost decisions the past 2 years do you know?

I think so but not sure. And it will not help your anxiety to dive into the general Miami RD thread. Those kids are stressed!

OK thanks for that. I’m sure that’s true. I’m tempted to look at last year’s RD thread to see if they got their decision on the 21st as well…might do that when I get off my conference call.

RD kid posted last year on 3/22 that he was waitlisted so it appears they are either sent out together or close anyway. I’m guessing they are shutting down Canelink this weekend to load up decisions and probably release Tuesday.

I like it @SpartanDrew ! Keep that glass half full!

It is only March 15th! My S told me not to ask him again about Portals! I am crossing my fingers next week too!

Frost takes the “holistic” approach so the decisions are made with regular admissions.
My daughter’s best friend (not a music major) has already had acceptance and scholarship info from Miami so I don’t think we can read too much into the comments in the non music Miami thread
Of course that fact makes Frost more attractive to my daughter as her BFF will be there!!

I am lucky that this week is horribly busy… MPAs last night, Carnegie meeting tonight, prom tomorrow, and concerto competitions both Saturday and Sunday. I am grateful for the distractions!!

@NYsaxmom , Miami EA non-Frost applicants received decisions and scholarship info some time ago, but the RD and deferred applicants are still waiting, and are speculating the decisions may not come out until the end of the month. But who knows?

@vistajay I sure hope their speculations are inaccurate!!! :-((

Thanks @vistajay!! My bad!!! Sorry

@vistajay sorry my bad!! I guess she must’ve been EA. This is what happens when you are so (happily) distracted that you don’t have time to read ALL the posts properly!!

@NYsaxmom what I would give to be in your shoes right now and “happily distracted” versus portal surfing several times a day. I just heard from a guy in admissions at CCPA that they are “hoping to release decisions in the next few days”. AAAACKKK!!! What happened to the 15th?!?!

I’m sure most of you in our shoes still waiting on decisions will agree…this month is moving at a glacial pace.

Y’all want a distraction while waiting? Watch “Mozart in the Jungle” on Amazon. It’s a fictional series about the NYC Symphony, set as essentially a soap opera. Interesting, and depending on your perspective at times unsettling, portrayal of your kid’s future life as a musician, even at a top level.