The Towers and Sophomore Roommates

<p>I was recently accepted for Fall 2011 as a sophomore transfer student. Been looking around at housing options. Since I was accepted only yesterday, getting student housing may be difficult. Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about The Towers. Looks like a great location right on State Street. However, since here at University of Denver it is really anti-social looking for some place social where people are outgoing and it is easy to meet people. I heard a rumor a lot of Coasties are in Towers. I am from Maryland but one of the main reasons I am transferring is the annoying, obnoxious, money-oriented people at Denver and really don't want that at Wisconsin. Since I don't know anyone at Wisconsin, will I just get some other random Sophomore or Transfer student. A little worried about that. Flying out to Madison next Thursday. Going to give Towers a look. Transfer House at Tripp Hall was my first option but that looks like its filled up. Anyone know for sure?</p>

<p>Thanks So Much</p>

<p>You might look at some of the living co-ops–pretty much the anti-Towers. I think even The Towers is not what it used to be. It is no longer a private dorm and now just another apartment house with a great location. Lucky is the new Towers. But the Towers name was so well known and had such an image that it might still have the reputation for being for wealthy kids from NY and Chicago. I just don’t know about that aspect.</p>

<p>[Madison</a> Community Co-operative](<a href=“http://www.madisoncommunity.coop/membershipping.cfm]Madison”>http://www.madisoncommunity.coop/membershipping.cfm)</p>

<p>The Towers also had one very odd resident.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.surroundedbyreality.com/Misc/Crimes/PsychoEL.asp[/url]”>Akun Demo Slot: 20 Slot Demo Gratis Tanpa Deposit Rupiah;

<p>From what I understand about the Towers, they are traditional apartments. I’m not sure if they will match you up with other people or not. If they do, it will almost certainly be random. If the UW dorms are full, be sure to check out the private dorms while you are in madison. They are more likely to actually match you up with another transfer student or another sophomore or something like that. Don’t worry about where people say “those people” live. Check out all of your options. You’re going to meet people from all over the place regardless of where you live. UW is a big place.</p>

<p>Barrons…wow…hadn’t heard that one. Certainly interesting. I’m sure you know the history of the Statesider?</p>

<p>Yes. But did not seem to hurt the image.</p>

<p>I am just looking for a place that is social. Doesn’t look like I will get campus housing because I am so far down the wait-list. Trying not to be judgmental about the entire “coastie” reputation at The Towers. Just had a really bad experience with them in Denver. Don’t want that same experience. Little worried about getting a roommate I don’t know. Does The Towers have a lot of laid back people/Midwesterners as well? Where do most transfer students live? </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I don’t think the Towers have a lot of people from the Midwest, but Midwest people =/= laid back. There will be all sorts of people in the Towers, though not a lot will be from in-state. There will be some annoying people but also some nice people you’ll click with. Picking something like the Towers is good though if you’re a transfer because they do roommate matching.</p>

<p>I was a sophomore transfer living at the towers this year. It’s been a great experience. There is roommate matching or you can find someone through the transfer group to share an apartment with. My roommate (also a transfer) and I became best friends.</p>

<p>Towers is much more international then “coastie,” as of this year at least. In fact, I don’t know many people that are from the coast living here though there are of course some. Statesider is certainly still “Coastie” but they are also still a private(?) dorm. </p>

<p>The location is great and there are a lot of nice amenitites that go into living here, and it’s in great shape- everything is new. Also, it has a social atmosphere depending on who end’s up living on your floor. But it’s not a dorm- most apartment complexes don’t have the freshman dorm party feel.
For us, we just always have our friends here from other buildings and it’s a lot of fun/close to everything. </p>

<p>I would recommend it, as I’ve had a great experience. It’s really hard not to make friends and find a social setting regardless of where you live in Madison.</p>

<p>Also- I’m from the coast. Most of my friends here that I’ve made are Midwestern. I am the “laid back” one in my group of friends. Don’t weigh too heavily on that stereotype</p>

<p>What happened in Statesider?</p>