The Ultimate Supply List for Boarding School

<p>I agree! :)</p>

<p>It's always nice to bring a Beach Towel <a href="a%20must%20if%20you%20are%20doing%20swimming%20or%20water%20polo">/B</a>. And I believe it's been mentioned before, but a **Flashlight comes in handy.</p>

<p>A flashlight is a great idea. Extra lamps are good in case there is not enough light provided at the room. </p>

<p>I know it is illegal, but this year my son had a little health problem/situation and he was allowed to have a little refrigerator in his room. It has worked wonders...</p>

<p>If you have a medical condition (or a friendly doctor who can write you a note) you can get an exception to be allowed to have a fridge.</p>

<p>Just saying.</p>

<p>This alomost dissapeared.
BUMP!</p>

<p>Yeah, infact i live in exeter it has basically everything you need.</p>

<p>NE winter, I do need a good snow boots. </p>

<p>What kind of snow boots BS students wear ?</p>

<p>I don't want to wait until late fall to buy it, prefer to purchase now with a better price (hope so).</p>

<p>Exeter students: Bed risers are not needed, as you can adjust the height of your bed (they can go really really high. if you were to use bed risers on the highest setting, you'd probably have to jump at a run to get on your bed)</p>

<p>Fridges are not allowed, but electric coolers are allowed. The reason fridges aren't allowed, according to Exeter's security department, is that they're fire hazards. Which is um, weird because-- there's a fridge in the common room...?</p>

<p>A lot of girls wear uggs.</p>

<p>I'm glad this thread didn't die! :D</p>

<p>I wonder when the ugg madness will pass... will it be this year? I don't want to buy a new pair of uggs but they seem like the only winter shoes out there now. :/
Does anyone have any other companies that make winter shoes that look good and would be appropriate for BS?</p>

<p>I know. Uggs are cute and all, but I'd rather a new craze come in. They are soft, though!</p>

<p>when i get bored in Speech & Drama i write a list of what i'm gonna bring to Exeter. I'm very thorough (i include everything from extra iPod headphones to hairbands). try it; it makes the 43 minute period fly by and conquers a necessary task. two birds in one stone much? i'd certainly say much.</p>

<p>i like wearing crocs! i wear them all yr round w/socks, but now they make fur lined ones. just a suggestion.</p>

<p>Any suggestion for boys ?</p>

<p>I will bring a music instrument to BS, don't have idea where to put it. In my room or any storage pace in music building?</p>

<p>How about sports equipment? Should I bring my snow board for winter and golf club for spring ? Everything in my room ?</p>

<p>At my school, there are instrument lockers in the music building.</p>

<p>For sports equipment, you could bring your winter stuff after winter break and your golf club after spring break so you don't have to bring/store everything at the same time.</p>

<p>hm... anyone play field hockey that's in a BS? I was wondering if you get team sticks or you have to bring your own.</p>

<p>well UGG's are great for NE winter
i also have a pair of winter north face boots that come in handy alot</p>

<p>tanyoosha, that would probably be school specific info so you should contact the school you plan on attending. every team will be different.</p>

<p>thanks cookie :D</p>

<p>hmmmm, I wonder if I can bring my sewing stuff.</p>

<p>Is crafting aloud in BS?</p>

<p>I don't think they can ban it! If you have free time, might as well do something you enjoy!</p>