The Ultimate Supply List for Boarding School

<p>no puedo hablar mucho, por eso no puedo decir todo que dijiste ahora. no se como se dice tweed tampoco lol
hehe.
just ignore me.
i just like to ramble.
ayyy. :D</p>

<p>Hahahah the spanish test was sooo easy! It was almost exactly the same as a pracice handout he gave out yesterday. I had a surprise Latin test (aka I forgot about it) though. It didn't go too well. And this isn't too good because of my hotchkiss situation. Pray with me!! Ninety or above, ninety or above, ill be happy, ill be happy,......=D</p>

<p>Se dice: Tweed lol.</p>

<p>Hahahah exactamundo. Which, if you think about it, means exactaworld.</p>

<p>And I know this if off topic, but anextra computer battery!</p>

<p>And candles. Even if you arent allowed to burn them you can still burn them outside and theyre good for the general smell of the room.</p>

<p>I'm new and have a few questions- firstly, for those of you who either attend or have children who go to NMH, is there an electric kettle/are we allowed to bring one? A bit bizarre, but I drink tea. </p>

<p>Secondly- anyone know how to hang a flag on a dorm room wall without damaging either the wall or the flag? </p>

<p>Thanks, guys!</p>

<p>I don't think you can have an electric kettle in your room because of the fire code, but there is a microwave in the lounge...people use it for water for hot cocoa, tea, and to make their ramen.
I don't know if you can hang a flag....I don't think you are allowed to have any fabric on the walls....another fire hazard.</p>

<p>keylyme - after we send deposit to school, do you know when they will send all the information to us? Such as course selection, assign dorm, roommate, student handbook .......</p>

<p>I don't remember exactly when we received that stuff....the curriculum guide is online right now, I believe. I think they send it early in the summer along with a course selection sheet. Then, if you sign up for any advanced courses (i.e. math above Alg I for a freshman, or a higher level language), they will send a placement exam. You don't find out who your roommate is until the day you arrive...it is posted on the door of your room.</p>

<p>Okay....I found copies of the paperwork in my files. I guess they send it in the soon after you send your deposit, because I sent the paperwork back in early May. They sent placement questionnaires for math, science, and world languages as well as a housing quesionnaire to assist in roommate matching. There are also placement forms to give to your child's current teachers. They also send a parent questionnaire where you can supply information about your child you would like them to know. You also send in your requested courses. Depending on what you request, they might send placement exams over the summer.</p>

<p>Thanks ! We are so exciting about re-visit NMH.</p>

<p>I hope you enjoy your visit! Is your child entering 9th or 10th?</p>

<p>keylyme- oh, no, no flags? AH, well, I've got a few posters that hopefully will be able to make their way onto the wall.</p>

<p>Posters are okay. 3M makes a sticky substance that will hold posters without marking the wall or wrecking the poster but I can't recall the name. Poster-sticky, probably (G). Any drugstore/Target-type place should carry it, just ask. Most dorms won't let you make any holes in the wall...not even a thumbtack, otherwise the walls would look like swiss cheese after a couple years. My d found out that her roommate liked the same movies she did before she even met the girl, because of the posters she'd hung up -- she's from Korea and had arrived a day ahead.</p>

<p>Novelisto, We had the hardest time finding GluTac (the brand name I knew it by) this year. Even the school bookstore was out. I finally found it at my daughter's college bookstore. We searched every WalMart, Target, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc. to no avail. It is what the school prefers kids to use.</p>

<p>Just got back from visiting NMH -- they said that the enrollment packet will go out early May.</p>

<p>keylyme -- I pm'd you!</p>

<p>[url=<a href="http://www.dormbuys.com/home.html%5DDormBuys.com%5B/url"&gt;http://www.dormbuys.com/home.html]DormBuys.com[/url&lt;/a&gt;]
:]</p>

<p>DormBuys.com is perfect. Thanks for the link.</p>

<p>I'm looking forward to getting the NMH packet so much! And I am going to the summer school (for geometry!!) Yay :)</p>

<p>What an awesome site. Thank you Hotchkiss_Please!</p>

<p>bump
ladiladila.
ah. 10 characters.</p>

<p>:) :) :) :) :p</p>