The Ultimate Supply List for Boarding School

<p>A lot of girls at Andover used different types of tote bags. A bunch used backpacks, but by senior year the majority used some sort of tote.</p>

<p>Guys just use backpacks...North Face is popular.</p>

<p>bump..dont lose this!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>im getting a tote :)
im not a backpack kind of person
lol</p>

<p>For girls, totes are great. Vera Bradley is always popular.</p>

<p>vera bradley is having a huge sale on their old patterns right now at hallmark. i got a sweet deal on a messanger bag.</p>

<p>I just went to the vera bradley website, the bags are so cute! I think i'm going to get that one with the owl pattern, anyone seen it?</p>

<p>We don't carry the text book to every classroom in public high school but in BS we need to purchase our own books, does that mean we need a BIGGER backpack / tote ?</p>

<p>ahhhhh we were about to lose this...no way not on my watch!
:)</p>

<p>are vera bradley bags popular at ALL boarding schools,
or just most?</p>

<p>You might need a bigger bag, but you may be able to go back to your dorm between some classes and swap them out. I never had to carry books for more than three classes.</p>

<p>I didn't see too many Vera Bradley bags at Andover. Vineyard Vines was common along with Longchamp and the totes from Urban Outfitters.</p>

<p>they are very popular in new england in general....</p>

<p>honestly,
i dont really like vineyard vines all that much,
but thats just me...
idk</p>

<p>vineyard vines has a bag called leland bucket bag. and i want it. simply because leland is my middle name. lol</p>

<p>At our local high school, there are a number of girls who carry Coach totes instead of backpacks. I can't see spending $350+ on something that is going to get ruined in a matter of months.</p>

<p>Two other things my daughter said to add to the list: a Bleach Pen or Tide-to-Go pen, and an iron. She said that the dorm usually has one or two, but that they don't work that well, or someone is using it. It is much nicer to have your own. (At her school, you aren't allowed to use the iron in your room--you need to use it in the laundry room.)</p>

<p>tide-to-go pens are awesome! i kept one in my locker @ PS</p>

<p>Bbbbbbuuuuuummmmmmppppppp
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>:)
Thx</p>

<p>I'm creating a list right now, I've already gotten a majority of the things that I'll need for dorm and life at BS... just a tip...Target has great things for dorms...they'll all say college '08 on them but it's the same things you'll need for BS. I got a lot of my things from there. They also have some very nice XL twin sheets and sets and blankets and comforters that are hard to find elsewhere. Here I got a laundry bag, trash can, and other dorm essentials. Good luck!!!</p>

<p>Hey Emmers, long time no see? lol
I was thinking of getting posters about all the countries I visited but it seems kind of dumb. hehe
For guys with lots of belt's like me, there are these weird looking hook things where you hang them up from BBB. I bought one this morning and it fits all of my belts nicely and I can easily pick one out.
So belt hooks are a must.</p>

<p>0h and tie hooks, I bought one too. I have like 50 ties and Im going to add more.</p>