The Ultimate Supply List for Boarding School

<p>Um, can someone clue me on in snowboots? I'm in California and sending my kid to NH, the school says bring snowboots/rainboots. What are those, where do you get them, how dorky do you go? Are they needed before Xmas?</p>

<p>Thanks much.</p>

<p>Snow boots will be needed in NH probably before Thanksgiving. A lot of girls wear Uggs, I don't know what guys wear. For fall and spring rain and mud my daughter wears Wellingtons which now come in many different colors and patterns.</p>

<p>I googled Wellington - are they big rubber boots? Would an ankle high thing work? I found a rubber moccasin on LL Bean that I think she might wear - key word is "might." I don't think I'd be able to convince her that she should wear rubber boots. </p>

<p>Thanks for your help, I feel pretty clueless here in drought-ville.</p>

<p>Wellies are the big high rubber boats. I saw many girls wearing them. They're also worn by college students - saw them when we were doing tours last spring in Massachusetts.
Let your daughter decide after she gets there. You can always order them and have them sent to her at school.</p>

<p>I LOVE Wellies. Just get cute ones, and you're good. Apparently LL Bean is a popular snow boot.</p>

<p>Wellies are a VERY worthwhile investment and, at least on my campus, they're really common.</p>

<p>As for snow boots, a lot of people do wear Uggs, but plenty of people don't. If you don't like the way they look (or the cost), there are other options. Whatever you choose, make sure they're waterproof, or have two pairs. Uggs and the like are warm, but they don't hold up particularly well if you actually have to walk through the snow-- and there is nothing worse than having to put on wet boots to go to class.</p>

<p>i got some silver hunter rainboots,
and omg,
they are amazing.
i havent actually worn them in the rain yet,
but they are so comfortable and they are actually pretty cute...</p>

<p>Ballerina you bailed on me last night!
Get on.</p>

<p>i have black and white plaid wellies. : ) they are so cute.</p>

<p>Wellies???? lol</p>

<p>haha i love my wellies! they are red with little brown pugs on them. j crew has greatttt wellies.</p>

<p>I went shopping today
I also have black and white Roxy wellies and blue and green Capelli New York wellies.</p>

<p>I bought a pair of yellow Hunter wellies and they seem pretty durable. I would recommend them as they aren't too expensive and they're pretty good quality.</p>

<p>am i the only person who loves the world "welly"?</p>

<p>No, I love the word, too!</p>

<p>haha. i said world. thank you for understanding my intention!</p>

<p>hellosunshine,
i love that word too :]</p>

<p>yay! i wonder where the word came from?</p>

<p>hahaha. i typed "world" again at first...</p>

<p>I'm pretty sure it's derived as a nickname from Wellington boots, haha ;p</p>

<p>got my uggs yesterday!</p>