The Ultimate Supply List for Boarding School

<p>Sorry this has gotten kind of off topic and belongs on a different thread. The bathroom thing varies vastly, depending upon which school you’re going to and then even further by dorm.</p>

<p>And I don’t know about the underwear thing for everyone, that’s just me. I’m actually a very self-conscious person but I became such close friends with everyone in my dorm/on my floor that I didn’t care about going down the hall in my underwear really quickly, especially if I was going to be late for class and needed the dress or shirt or whatever quickly</p>

<p>OK, this list is awesome. BIG question, even if you bring just some or most of this, how do you pack? Do most people use a footlocker/trunk or luggage? ALL packing advice welcome! Thanks!</p>

<p>Well I’m boxing everything up and shipping it, cuz I live way too far away to bring it all with me. </p>

<p>I just suggest packing light- I mean, obviously you aren’t going to be able to live on two pairs of jeans, but when you’re trying to squeeze your fourth pair of uggs in your overflowing suitcase, just try and think about how much your really gonna use them.</p>

<p>After all, whatever you take there, you gotta take back home at the end of the year. Well, at least some stuff anyway.</p>

<p>another thing for the listtt, TUMS! they are sooo helpful…and who wants to walk ALL the way across campus to see the nurse with an awful tummy ache?</p>

<p>I’m not even bringing a whole lot of clothes before i get there. I’ve arrived at a new school in a completely new place with the absolute wrong clothes, i’m not about to do it again. so i’ll buy some clothes when i get there.</p>

<p>does anyone know where you can store your bike at Exeter? Thanks!</p>

<p>actnaturally:::
THANK YOU for compiling the list!!! you just made my packing SO much easier.</p>

<p>is anyone here, by any chance, going to Welbeck?
x</p>

<p>wowowowowoowowow…theres SOOOOOOOOO much to bring!</p>

<p>im having trouble looking for what types of clothes to buy…should i bring just as many casual clothes as dress code clothes?</p>

<p>Yes, you should. After school/sports, you’ll probably be wanting to change into non-dress code clothes for study hall or whatever night activity you’re doing. That plus weekends adds up to a lot of non-dress code clothes.</p>

<p>i have to bring a phone for my room, any kind of phone you would recommend?</p>

<p>I went to Phillips Andover from Southern California</p>

<ol>
<li><p>For clothes, I would recommend bringing spring/fall clothing like tanks, tshirts, cardigans, light sweaters - lots of layering things with you and maybe 1 pea coat or something like that when you first go to school. Then during thanksgiving break, bring home some of your summer clothes and switch it with your winter clothes (keep scarves all year 'round because they’re versatile and I love scarves). Then when you go home for spring break, bring home winter stuff and take back summer/fall stuff. You can then store your fall stuff over summer and have them with you at school when you go back in the fall.</p></li>
<li><p>Bring workout clothes and sneakers because you’ll need them</p></li>
<li><p>Bring plenty of towels and sheets</p></li>
<li><p>Rain boots are a must</p></li>
<li><p>Stock up on jeans</p></li>
<li><p>You can always buy/borrow sweatshirts at school</p></li>
<li><p>You’ll need random clothes for fun dances and silly dorm parties</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Have fun!</p>

<p>Downy Wrinkle Releaser and Dryer Sheets</p>

<p>a gerbil cage</p>

<p>i got this for shower stuff and i absolutely LOVE it!</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.thelittlebagshop.com/sitepix/bag-lime.jpg[/url]”>http://www.thelittlebagshop.com/sitepix/bag-lime.jpg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Sorry but it looks like a croc in the form of a bag. lol</p>

<p>This is quite a feminine list… Yet, it is a good list none the less. I would add:</p>

<p>Tide To Go
Highlighters
Amazon Kindle or similar Electronic Reader(Have all my Textbooks on it)
Sporting Equipment for a sport you don’t play i.e. skates or a squash racket.
Hot Pot or other similar heating element (if school allows) (gr8 for Ramen Noodles)
More winter oriented boots that Ugg’s… And Ugg’s get old when every girl wheres them.
I have a few of the men’s Ugg loafers that are soo soft on the inside, so I get why people would bring 4 pairs, but it is a little excessive.<br>
Also there are school to school trends, but uniform trends tend to be Peacoat’s and for Boys hockey players always wear construction workboot’s specifically Tim’s or Timberlands in the winter hockey months. Also , Note: most printers do not come with a USB combatable cable, and you will have to purchase an extra one, this happened to me i bought a $25 printer and had to buy a $35 cable…</p>

<p>Are there schools where mini-fridges ARE allowed in student rooms? If so, can you name a few?</p>

<p>Blair Academy allows a mini-fridge. It cannot exceed a certain size – I don’t remember what that is, but it is large enough for the majority of mini-fridges.</p>

<p>why don’t a lot of schools allow mini fridges??</p>