The Ultimate Supply List for Boarding School

Can’t you just use megashare or putlocker?

@mathman1201 You are better served using a platform where the legality cannot be brought into question.

I thought megashare and putlocker were legal…? @skieurope

^^^My thinking exactly! And Netflix doesn’t have quite a few movies/t.v. shows…

ABC and CBS have apps for full episodes of shows.

So does the CW app…and is HBO GO a good service? Is it worth it? And what laptop would you recommend? What is the standard? Mac or PC?

@whimsicalwhims I read that a lot of students use both Mac and PC so there is no standard. Personally, I think the PC works better because there are some software/CDs that aren’t compatible for Mac, but I love Macs so it all depends on personal preference/what you usually use.

The school will tell you ( for example, Deerfield gives every student a Mac Air laptop loaded with software-- so everyone has the same thing. They also loan you iPads for the year for several classes in addition to the laptops).

bump!

Congrats on your big acceptance, @Anonymousia ! Well done!!! :slight_smile:

@PhotographerMom Thank you!! I still can’t believe it! 8-} Yet I have to wait until my finish deciding whether I should or not :!! :-w

Oops I meant I have to wait till my parents finish deciding whether or not I can go :slight_smile:

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Does it snow in New England? If it does should you bring a raincoat or something that keeps snow away?

Yes, it definitely snows. You need winter clothing, not just rain gear. Clothes that will keep you both dry AND warm.

@snowyowlgal Yes, you need winter jacket, winter/snow boots, hat covering ears, gloves, and muffler/scarves. You can buy them all locally in New England.

Wireless Speaker

Bump. This thread is super helpful… back in 08’ the kids were a bit risky… a lot of weird innuendos and such between posters :))

Ahahaha just found this seems pretty cool

Oh yea… reading through it is quite entertaining :wink: :))