The University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes i am not referring to Haslam business. My daughter just got email saying she was denied admission to Chancellor’s but Honors office is still telling her there is chance for Haslam. I just don’t want to get her or my hopes up. To me, if she wasn’t accepted into Chancellor’s then how in the world could she get Haslam? But they said it’s 2 separate things. Ugh this is so frustrating. If there is chance she still could get Haslam then they shouldn’t send email denying Chancellor’s. Very upset girl

Has anyone know of someone getting denied Chancellor’s and get offered Haslam?

So question about the scholarship. My son was just accepted, test optional, so only scholarship option will be Beacon. Has anyone already received a Beacon Scholarship offer? Thank!

I saw someone post on Facebook a picture of their acceptance letter and it said they were awarded the Beacon Scholarship. They cut it off before it showed the amount.

Any idea when nursing acceptances will be decided ? I see some have already gotten in.

1 Like

My kiddo is a Haslam scholar and he was put into the Leadership Honors program as he worked through the Haslam Scholars Process.

Haslam Scholars wont be notified until March that they get in after lots of interviews and the final weekend

If he didn’t get Haslam then I believe he would have gotten into Chancellors.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. I didn’t know it worked that way!

Has anyone heard about an Admitted Students Day or any other events?

Both my daughter and her friend did.

Yes, my daughter was notified in her acceptance letter.

1 Like

Has anyone heard from Haslam Scholars either way?

Does anyone know when they notify RD applicants of admission decision? And do they do it in the portal or via email?

1 Like

Just a quick question… I believe everything in life is negotiable (I’m aware that isn’t true but it feels good saying it out loud)… that being said is there room to negotiate the OOS fees? My daughter has already been accepted but the OOS tuition is quite high and I would hate for her to settle on her 2nd choice.

I was at a presentation at UTK over the weekend. A parent asked about whether they would negotiate on tuition (they didn’t ask specifically about OOS vs In-state), and the parent was basically told they didn’t. Again, it wasn’t a specific question about OOS fees.

1 Like

Decisions will be released today at 7pm.

2 Likes

Decisions for deferrals will be out tonight?

2 Likes

My DD is currently an OOS freshman at UTK. The only way we could negate some of the cost of OOS was through her merit scholarship. Good luck! She loves UTK!

1 Like

My daughter was offered abroad or going to a CC?… very odd. Neither appealing when she got into several other good schools where she can be a normal student.

Has anyone heard from nursing?

1 Like

Was she wait listed as well? I got 3 options CC, Study Abroad and Waitlist.

2 Likes

No just study abroad and the CC thing. I guess I hadn’t encountered this before. Not sure why you would want to do either of those unless you’re in a bind somehow?….