This is why your child shoudl go to Alabama!

<p>So many of you who lurk or ask questions of this forum ponder “what does Alabama have or what can Alabama do for my child?”. Well…I hope that the link below will help you to see that not only does the University of Alabama offer our children a grade A-1 education but it also instills in them a sense of community, belonging and ties them not only to their fellow students at the University but to the community of Tuscaloosa.
My daughter called the day after April 27th and desperately wanted to do something to help the community, town and University she loved. While lying under a mattress in the second floor bathroom of Tuteiller she knew that when she emerged things would not be the same and that she needed to help in any way possible. On April 26th “run For Tuscaloosa” was hatched. My DD and a sorority sister put the project in motion. Two more sorority sisters hopped on board a week or so later. After retuning to Kansas City and contacting our local Alumni Group 2 more young ladies with ties to the University also joined. these 5 young women put together a VERY successful 5k. Run For Tuscaloosa netted over $10,000 for UA Acts of Kindness, an organization set up by the University to help their own who suffered loss from April 27th. Who knew that when the gilrs started this journey the outcome would be so great!
Yes…they had lots of parental and other support but I truly believe we have the University to thank for their willingness to help those who live and work where they call “home” over 9 months out of the year.
I know several others who post here have students who also have helped in so many diverse ways and I applaud them as well…again take note…these kids are products of The University of Alabama! A big “Roll Tide” to that!
So if you are considering Alabama…please see that they do give great financial incentives and they will give your child a great education and prepare them for the workforce world but most importantly this University will give your child a inner sense of moral responsibility to take of those who they live with, work with and worship with.
I have included the link from today’s newspaper (disclaimer…I am not the most computer savvy of y’all and so if you can’t read it let me know and I will try again :slight_smile: ).</p>

<p>Overland Park 5K race raises $10000 for Alabama tornado victims
<a href=“http://www.theolathenews.com/2011/.../overland-park-5k-race-raises-10000.html[/url]”>www.theolathenews.com/2011/.../overland-park-5k-race-raises-10000.html</a></p>

<p>Waaaay cool!!! Thanks for sharing!</p>

<p>Very Nice!</p>

<p>The link did not work for me, please try again…I would love to read about this event.</p>

<p>Job Well Done to all who participated!</p>

<p>Great job! Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>[Overland</a> Park 5K race raises $10,000 for Alabama tornado victims - KansasCity.com](<a href=“http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/24/3034384/overland-park-5k-race-raises-10000.html]Overland”>http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/24/3034384/overland-park-5k-race-raises-10000.html)</p>

<p>Try this…</p>

<p>Very nice Mommy!</p>

<p>Thanks to all…it was such a great event…worked out better than we ever imagined…sorry about the link…remember the disclaimer :)!</p>

<p>What a great event and I am so glad the weather improved! You and your daughter have to feel great today on such a wonderful accomplishment!</p>

<p>Roll Tide! Awesome idea and execution.</p>

<p>that is awesome! extra awesome since you raised twice as much as expected!</p>

<p>Congratulations and Roll Tide! I’m very glad to hear that the 5k was a success and exceeded fundraising expectations.</p>

<p>So proud of your girls! Planning, execution and fundraising exceeded your hopes…that’s huge. Congratulations to all of you!</p>

<p>I hope you all go on vacation now… :)</p>

<p>Congratulations to all involved in this great outcome!</p>

<p>My heartfelt thanks to your daughter, her friends, and you and the other parents, for sacrificing your time and efforts in putting this together. Outstanding job!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>