***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

does anyone receive acceptance to NJMS from other feeder school, such as Rugters University?

My d got rejection from other feeder

Still nothing from NJIT/NJMS

1 Like

Did anyone get NJMS acceptance through TCNJ?

Hey! I was accepted into UConn and Albany Medical School’s BS/MD programs and am trying to decide between the two

Cost wise: It is similar between both these college comparing all 8 years of Journey

Union College/AMC:
Pros:

1. No MCAT
  2. Also get an MBA in addition to MD
  3. Trimester Curriculum
  4. Automatic admittance into med school as long as the student maintain3.5 gpa
    Cons:
  5. Albany med school is unranked- Not sure if that is an factor to consider during residency placement. Especially now that USMLE step 1 is just pass/fail

UConn/Uconn med school
Pros

1. Ranked higher
  2. Can apply outside of Uconn med school.
  3. Much bigger college, which in turn will have more research opportunities.

Cons

1. Students must have successful interview for acceptance. As per the Dean, if the student maintains the required 3.6 GPA and volunteer hours, he should have no trouble in getting a med school acceptance.

If the student is looking for a particular residency, what should they be looking for in the med schools. There might be few other pros and cons between these 2 schools that I might have overlooked. But looking forward inputs from you all that can help us decide. Unfortunately, we have not visited neither of the schools. Planning to do it next week.

Tomorrow is Ivy Day.
All the best to everyone for PLME and other acceptances.

2 Likes

Both are similar. Visit and if possible talk to few students in both UG and MD schools and whatever you like.
Don’t care about AMC not ranked. It is a known fact for decades because AMC doesn’t provide data to USNews.
As posted above, known student did RPI/AMC. It is in existence for 184 years.
Also in UConn currently a known student doing regular MD and also another known student who is graduating and got residency (Neurology) there itself. Both seemed to be happy and not heard any thing bad.

1 Like

Interviewed on 2/15, still haven’t heard anything. Hoping to hear something by the end of the week, if not Monday or Tuesday next week.

If you are serious about applying out and willing to do the work then pick UConn. That will be prepare you for the UConn interview also.

1 Like

Thank you. Really appreciate your time.

1 Like

deleted

hi. Sent you a DM

Hopefully, it is frustrating .

Younger has admission to REMS BS MD a very good program. Issue is he is still waiting for PPSAP, PLME and Pitt GAP results, keeping hands crossed, What experts on this forum feel in which order these should be ranked if location and cost is not a issue

REMS
PPSAP
Pitt GAP
PLME regular decision

PLME a will be high cost still cost is not a issue in ranking

1 Like

i got an email saying i was placed in the alternate list for union/amc. I was just wondering how long I would have to wait for another email update?

Most programs are very specific about what you have to achieve as a minimum to get promoted from undergrad to med school. I didn’t see that for REMS and PLME.

2 Likes

You mean ease of going to med school requirments and attrition?

3 Likes

If cost not an issue, and if s/he gets in, I would suggest PLME. Most people seem to love the overall environment at Brown. Also if he were to change mind about going to medicine then Brown background will be helpful for easy switch over to other careers.

Couple of cycles back someone in the results thread chose it over Case and few others I believe. You may want to review the results thread for past few years and reach out to individuals with similar choices by private messaging and find out what their takes are.

Couple of folks I happened to know of in the same batch weren’t that happy with Pitt GAP and quit. One of them made it to HMS later. But again it could be individual choice or taste or preference.

Do look at results thread for past few years.

All the boxes one has to check to matriculate med school. Things like minimum GPA, medically related and research activities.

Waitlisted at RPI/AMC, wondering on my chances to get of the waitlist. Any thoughts?