***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

DM me and I can give details

You chance of getting off the WL depends on where you are on the WL and how long the WL is. I’ve heard that AMC puts everyone who went on interview but did not get an initial offer from them on their WL. People will start turning down WL once we are past Ivy day and probably the first half of April.

Does anybody have any insight into what is going on with LECOM BS/DO this year and what recorded interview dates getting results now? I think LECOM got so many applications that they cannot process them in time and this is a big issue. They are way beyond 30 days promised response time and fall freshmen need to deposit somewhere quite soon. Should we consider a double deposit? I know it is crazy and technically unethical but what else can we do?
Also is LECOM only accepts or rejects or waitlists too?

1 Like

They did mention that majority of those who are accepted are from the waitlist, so fingers crossed…

2 Likes

At a lot of schools you can still apply for housing without committing/enrolling. Most housing deposits are refundable up to some deadlines (minus the housing app fee). You should check with the schools about housing before taking the risk of double depositing.

I think you do not understand LECOM process. LECOM is a medical school. It has no BS portion that they control. It has only a certain list of feeder schools. These feeders are not necessarily your child’s best options if child is not accepted to LECOM. So your child will have to choose one LECOM feeder (hoping to get accepted after May 1st) and a non-LECOM feeder… If you do not deposit to the LECOM feeder even if you are invited to LECOM BS/DO, you cannot go…

1 Like

Oh, I thought you meant you’re struggling to decide whether to commit to a LECOM feeder or a non BSMD/BSDO school.

2 Likes

We have that too because we do not have LECOM decision. It is absolute madness…
We have another BS/DO, several great not BS/DOs, and waiting on LECOM. It is very difficult to decide when you do not have all the available options.

It seems that LECOM has a lot of affiliated feeders for their Early Acceptance Program, where you can apply as a collge freshman and still get the benefit of a BSDO program

Search my past posts on LECOM. It is a 1 student stat. That student had a horrible experience on multiple time after completing UG and with 1 year PG though was part of LECOM when graduated from school. Fortunately, changed path and ended up doing Podiatry elsewhere.

So if your student is academically good, pursue non BS/MD BS/DO if not got one to consider than LECOM. It has a huge laundry list of feeder schools and the number of seats at a very high multiple etc.

My info may not be accurate since I am not spending time to do research on this program. All that saying do enough research before pursuing the path on LECOM.

You cannot apply twice. Child already applied to EAP. An option that you describe is for person who is already in the feeder. Child will not go to the feeder if not accepted now.

Can you please send me the link for that? You can PM me. Thanks.

Best is to call LECOM and ask explicitly.
They were still doing interviews till 10 days back - one of my students who had applied in Feb only got an interview about 10 days back.

Please note that most colleges will give you till May 1 to commit.
So, there are still 30+ days for making a decision. And it is okay to commit on April 30 at 10 pm.

FYI - LECOM is the largest DO school in the country and is a reputed school in the DO world. They have some administrative quirkiness but they have very good stats on COMLEX pass rates and residency matches.

1 Like

Not knowing anything about your kid, I would pick Pitt GAP for my kid.

2 Likes

Can I DM you? I need advice in our situation and you seem to be one of the experts on the board. Thanks.

yes, you can

1 Like

I have created a RESULTS thread for this cycle’s applicants and parents.

As you come to your decision over the next 2-3 weeks, please share your stats and perspectives in the RESULTS thread.
Here is the link:

3 Likes

Drexel University BA/BS + MD decisions have been released via email!!!

Accepted :tada: :tada: :tada:

6 Likes

Me too!!!

4 Likes

Got in as well!!

4 Likes