***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Based on what I saw in a 2021 thread, Rutgers NW-NJMS BA-MD takes about 20 per year.

2 Likes

Anyone applying to programs with RowanSOM? If so, which schools?

@IllinoisDude99
Each year 25 – 30 first-year students enroll in Penn State PMM. Out-of-state students are eligible to apply to this program. Likewise, you need to dig deeper into each program-specific website for this info. If you can’t find the information you are looking for, you can reach out directly to the program director or any other contact they listed on their program website. Good luck.

2 Likes

@IllinoisDude99
In the list of 7 colleges you shared, except for UCinn, none of the other colleges have any in-state preference.

In fact, Pitt and PennState prefer OOS students.
Last year, 90% of students who were selected by PennState were OOS.

2 Likes

I am an asian male and have a 34 ACT. Should I go test optional or submit the score for Case Western’s BS/MD program?

Thank you.

@IndianBoiX
What is your unweighted GPA? Is your profile strong enough leaving your ACT aside, like academic rigor, medical/non-medical ECs, and leadership ECs ? Case listed detailed qualities in here:

1 Like

Any idea about how many international students get into PennState PMM every year?

@junebug20 - Yes, Rutgers NB program also is open to only in-state students. And IllinoisDude99 is OOS for NJ. However, the link provided points to Rutgers Newark/NJMS program which is open to all OOS students so IllinoisDude99 is eligible to apply.

@IllinoisDude99 - If u r considering NJMS, I would urge you to consider applying to NJIT/NJMS, TCNJ/NJMS since these are quiet popular and have good merit scholarships for selected students

1 Like

Thank you @Vicky2019 . Will check.

2 Likes

@Tia1 - My 2 cents

I have noticed atleast a couple of kids get selected each year. However, from my son’s cohort the international students who were selected grew up in United States and attended US high schools and did EC’s etc., in the US. The only difference was that their family had applied for green card but had not yet received it.

For international students with greencard, I believe, the process is similar to students who are US citizens.

1 Like

@Vicky2019 Thanks a ton! Actually I am an international student from India and am selected as an interview finalist this year
.so just wanted to weigh my chances.

2 Likes

@Tia1 - Wish you the very best for your PMM interview

@Vicky2019 Thank you so much!

1 Like

Difficult to say without knowing other parts of your profile.
It is a borderline score for Case.

Very few.
Are you one?

Congratulations!
Prepare well.
There is a nearly 50% chance that someone with a PMM interview gets in.

2 Likes

Heard that NJIT started scheduling BSMD interviews from last week. Has anyone heard back?

Thank you so much!

Yes.