***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Hi all. Does anyone hear from the Medicine GAP at University of Pittsburgh? Thanks

Do you know these interviews have to be inperson ? Will there be a zoom option?

My D also got an email for interview with NJIT. But it is mentioned that the interview is for honors college and BSMD.

NJIT interviews are virtual, even before COVID. I don’t know if NJMS interviews have returned to in-person.

1 Like

The page where interview slots are displayed says NJMS interview. But interview location is NJIT honors college! May be they have a new process.

Oh, we only expererienced as an OOS. The first interview was with the NJIT HC for both the HC and the BS-MD program. They’d make the decision whether to pass the application on to NJMS for the finalist interview which will decide whether you’re accepted to their BS-MD program.

1 Like

We are OOS too, so requested if there is an option to attend this over zoom.

When you try to schedule the interview it gives an option to select online interview if you live more than 150 miles away

4 Likes

@Parentof2Ds
NJIT said
NJMS Accelerated Program B.S./M.D interviews will be conducted in person at the Albert Dorman Honors College Building at 156 - 182 Warren Street, Newark NJ 07102.
Good luck.

Clarified with honors college. Though the interviews are in-person we have an option to choose webex, since we live far.

Thanks for all the advices

1 Like

Can anyone give pointers on how to prepare for the NJIT/NJMS BS/MD interviews? Any sample questions?

We searched Student Doctor Network to for med school interview format and questions applicants have come across.

1 Like

Yale and Harvard law schools are choosing to step out of “profoundly flawed” U.S. News rankings business. Hope more will follow suit especially in medical education where it is even worse. Already few med schools chose to do that in the past like Tulane, Uniformed Services, AMC, Michigan State and may be few others but still listed on that rankings web site under Unranked or some category.

2 Likes

Hi all. Does anyone hear from the Medicine GAP at University of Pittsburgh? Thanks

FYI - AMC has started sending supplement access information to select students.

1 Like

Pitt- GAP:
You will not hear from them till Dec 1.
If selected, you will review the medical school supplement.

3 Likes

Thank you @NoviceDad , do you happen to know from which feeder?

1 Like

Rensselaer

2 Likes

Oh got it. My D applied through Siena and haven’t heard anything back yet. She hasn’t even gotten a portal access from Siena yet! I don’t know when that is supposed to happen.

I remember from 5 years ago, I think AMC secondary app came out around Christmas break. It got more writing than a simple essay about why medicine. I think it’s the same secondary application their traditional med school applicants use.

1 Like

So far, it’s RPI among my students.

2 Likes