***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

hey guys
freshman at Albany Medical BSMD program - if you need any help, I can extend my services - let me know

4 Likes

They have both BS/MD and DO programs. The intake for Cooper MD is very low like 5 or 6 unless they decided to increase it lately. Think the DO program has more slots though not sure how many.

Also don’t believe both the programs give instate price breaks for OOS students like NJMS for med school. They may at the most give full tuition awards for undergrad but nothing else subsequently. The undergrad may be at Camden, kind of shady area but you don’t have to worry about it at this time.

Is the email your D got about scheduling an interview or supplements kind?

1 Like

Thank you! Which feeder are you at?

1 Like

Even MD is Camden area. One of the people who went to MD went to Temple for undergrad and never left Philly while taking train to do MD in Cooper.

1 Like

Supplement

That’s nice!

Any campus can throw an unpleasant experience if the students are not vigilant about their own safety. I have heard of students getting mugged at UPenn’s Ivy campus in Philadelphia. Yale/New Haven or JHU/Baltimore, among others, are not known to be the safest places either.

Did anyone hear from TCNJ yet?

TCNJ’s undergrad interviews are already in progress.

do the interview invites come in waves? or if you didn’t get an undergrad interview does it mean you’re rejected?

1 Like

TCNJ seemed to be bent on gpa over zealously, typically 3.95+ uw range and seemed to use that as a primary filter. Without bothering about the candidates’ school competitiveness, rigor of course work, AP and test scores, college preparedness and other such holistic attributes.

So if you (or your C) doesn’t fit that category, don’t hold your breath waiting to hear from them. If you still get an interview despite not fitting that category, take it as a bonus.

1 Like

Don’t they do the academic verification in terms of GPA and test scores before sending supplement application.

1 Like

It is in waves.
You will receive an explicit rejection from them. Till then, your application is in consideration.

my school doesn’t do 4.0 UW GPAs. We do UW out of 100 only, and mine was a 94 with 10 AP and 3 DE classes. So would that lower my chances?

There is a conversion between 4.0 UW scale to 100 scale range and vice versa. I haven’t checked but you may be just short of their desired range, like 3.94 or so. Hope you applied through other feeders also?

As I stated previously, do your best, hope for the best and don’t take anything personally. Irrespective of outcomes, you only have something to gain from going through the process.

1 Like

Hello.
My DD got email from suny purchase/ upstate scholar . They asking submit supplement in 5 days.
My dd applied 3 feefer schools. Does each feeder school need send or are they already selected among one of three from feefer?

1 Like

Were you able to submit? I am having an error message on final page that page one is incomplete even though all is filled out

1 Like

Yes, you only have 5 days from the day/time the email was sent. My daughter only applied to Syracuse/SUNY last year and so that she where she got picked from. My understanding is that you get picked from one feeder school if you applied to multiple ones. Good luck to your daughter!!

Hi. Are u trying to submit purchase/ suny or other feeder school?

No having issues submitting U Pitt GAP supplemental

@ConcernedMom01
Your question has been answered here by Upstate

1 Like