***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

My sons application just got forwarded to upstate from Syracuse. Can you tell me what the next steps are? Thx!

Hi. Your son applied other feeder school / upstate as well?
Are they chose syracuse?

Just Syracuse

1 Like

You will get an email from upstate to submit supplemental application/essays if upstate selects his application.

1 Like

I see this topic once in a while and hope parents here don’t do same to their kids.

I thought the only program they had was baylor2baylor

Interesting to see that @insert_username_here didn’t get much support for his/her “transfer idea” on SDN. Had @insert_username_here posted the same question here in this thread, it wouldn’t be much different here either. I encourage everyone to read that SDN thread till the end. Thank you @srk2017 for posting the SDN thread.
Some takeaways from this SDN thread are

“biology of humans”
“Kick butt on your classes and what resources you do have” :grinning:
“I can’t tell you the number of stories we see every spring from 3.9/522 students who are disappointed they “only” got into their state school.”

Your kid has a really goood shot

Do you also get an email from rowan

Did they just get it my D appiled but hasnt got a rejection or supplement

Did Purchase come out

why

Did they already come out l have not got anything

my dd also got an email from rowan to submit another supplemental

Yeah my older DD had really good grades and a perfect SAT but sadly only a little bit of medical experience which really destroyed her application. It’s hard but keep your chin up.

my D submited but has yet to hear back

@34567876543vv
@texaspg was talking about The Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS), which is the standardized application for first-year entering classes at all public dental, medical, podiatry, and veterinary schools in the state of Texas. Baylor has multiple campuses in TX for their MD program.

Does she choose rowan copper or rowan / rowan?

1 Like

Thank you for the link. This is very eye opening. Yes, some of the feeder colleges and small and are in rural areas with not much to do. As a parent, I will try not to push my D into anything and be sure to visit the colleges before committing. Well, I think all in all it’ll be a good problem to have come May 1st if my D does have a bsmd program to choose from among other choices.

1 Like

My D also got forwarded by purchase! She just got the email. It is due in five days but her finals are this week and won’t be able to do the essays until the last day it’s due. Would that be detrimental if she submits it on the last day which would be Saturday?