***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Anyone happen to know the numbers that get sent to upstate and how many gets cut from there?

rowan copper the bs/md one

I wouldn’t support transferring out and trying but they can stay in and apply out. I know 3 candidates who went from BS/DO to T20 MD programs in last two years. So anything is possible.

high stats to low tier schools happens only when candidate is not well rounded and can’t be the justification for BSMD. None of the candidates I know fully (ie stats and ECs) had that kind of results

As i know they do 15

1 Like

Same here. 5days too short. My dd applied other feeder as well. But since purchase email means no no consider other feeder? Does your daughter applied other feeder as well? .what state are you?

1 Like

Yes she also applied to RIT and Uof Albany feeder schools as well but no word from them yet. From what I understand they too can recommend you but eventually, upstate medical university is the one that decide which feeder school you will attend. It is not up to the student unfortunately.

This means even though purchase emailed but you still chance to rit or uni of albany right?
Cause albany email about scholarship.

Does your daugher invited from siena?

Current Pitt GAP student here. For the supplemental application (at least in previous years), they send it to only one max kid per school–and it is the person with the highest GPA (not too sure if test scores are involved). This might be anecdotal, but people in my high school class who were plenty qualified to get the supplemental application (acceptances to HYPSM, other competitive BS/MDs) were not selected just because they had a slightly lower GPA than me. The same is the case for my other GAP classmates. I think this is what they mean in their admission requirements when they say “Highest GPA possible”

2 Likes

Also feel free to reach out w any questions about Pitt GAP or any other college admissions questions! Happy to help

Yes that is my understanding!

She got an email to let her know to look out for the AMC supplement but we haven’t seen anything yet. How about your D? Does anyone know how long it takes for the AMC supplement to be emailed?

My daughter got rejection

Sounds like someone I know who left UTD/UTSW never to do medicine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry! But congrats on getting forwarded by purchase! One step at a time. It’s still a long way to go.

Hello! Does anyone know when interview invites are sent from Union / has anyone received one yet? I turned in my supplemental application on Thanksgiving Day, but haven’t heard anything after.

I think interview invite comes from AMC. I turned same time as you and havent heard anything yet. Please post if you het one and I can do the same.

1 Like

Yes that is the right thing to do. Stay focused on the tasks at hand. Don’t get puled into unnecessary diversions and arguments. Cross the bridge when, and if, it comes to that.

Over the last 3 years there has been a lot of bad S/N ratio on this forum (communications engineering term for signal to noise ratio). But despite that glad that many students and parents did exactly the above and at the end of each cycle made decisions they thought were most prudent to their respective and individual situations.

When the time comes, you can review the results threads for the past few years and reach out to students, by private messaging, who went to the program(s) you are keen on to get their first hand takes and impressions.

Many current and past BS/MD students, across different programs, that I happen to know of are extremely successful at their respective programs, love the whole experience and wouldn’t trade it for anything else.

3 Likes

Hello!
I reached out to Upstate’s admissions office regarding test scores and they said they consider the most recent. The UAlbany director of the UAS program says the program superscores. What does most recent mean?

About when do you get the AMC supplement after getting the notification that you were forwarded? My D is still waiting and Siena forwarded her about a week ago. And how long did you have before you ad to submit it? Was it two weeks? Thank you in advance.