***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

I have same question.
So we need to report all test score or super score?

I have no idea. If someone knows please share the info! thank you:)

Last year, we received supplemental on Nov 18, interview invite on Jan 4 and decision on Feb 18.

Thank you so much for your helpful advice!

Any tips on completing the supplement? Specifically, how long should each activity description be? It doesnā€™t seem like there are strict limits :grimacing:.

1 Like

Does anyone know how many choose waahington n jefferson/ temple bsmd?
I heard 3. Seems so few. Anyone know more clear?

1 Like

@ConcernedMom01
IMO, around the same number 3-4. They didnā€™t publish the numbers on their website to my knowledge. If you have access to AAMC MSR, you can check in there for Temple.
IMO, they usually call at least 10-15 candidates for an interview for 4 seats. Apply widely. Good luck.

1 Like

Not sure if itā€™s the same essays, but if there is a ā€œWhy Medicineā€ type of prompt, this is the way I went about it. IMO I think becoming a doctor comes down to two main componentsā€“love for helping people and love for the science of medicine (of course there are other factors but nearly everyone needs these two parts). So, I tried to center my personal statement around showing that I have these qualities through my experiences (research, love for biology for the science part and my volunteering, EMT, etc for the helping people). And you may have heard this before but show donā€™t tell is really important so use your experiences to demonstrate the positive qualities you want an ADCOM to pick up on donā€™t just blatantly state it.

For the activity description I did roughly 1000 characters per description. I made each description almost a mini essay where I explain what I did and what I learned from it.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi! Does anyone know if Brooklyn College BA/MD is test optional or not? I applied already, and the CUNY website says all CUNY schools are TO but Iā€™m not sure if the program is. Thank you!

My D just got rejected from St. Bonaventure GWU BS/MD. Got email 30 mins back. Well on to the next one !

I just rejected too :frowning:

I received the supplemental on the 17th and it was due on the 24th. I got the status update on the 15th. But, my feeder was Union.

2 Likes

same :confused: ā€“ anyone know how hard it is to get an interview? what percent of applicants typically get one?

1 Like

Did you receive an interview invite yet/anything after you submitted the supplemental?

1 Like

nope. havenā€™t heard anything from union or amc after submitting the supplementalā€¦

2 Likes

Got rejected from SBU/GW as well.

2 Likes

My dd didnt received anything from bonaventure. Did u get email?

2 Likes

Max 5.

Baylor2Baylor is also out.
Students have been invited to their All-Day event.

SAME Q AS @HALHAL . What is the limit for each activity? Is there a suggestion on how to write them.

I thought lot of them made decisions based on fear mongering by certain parents who only talk about BSMD successes and traditional path failures but donā€™t talk about the experience mentioned in the SDN link or BSMD kids (including BU SMED) needing gap year to get competitive residencies

3 Likes