***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Does anyone know how many supplemental essays you have to submit for Stony Brook, OU MHSP, and MSU OMSP? Thanks for the help, trying to plan my schedule for last minute applications :slight_smile:

OU MHSP has 3 essays, not counting the one on the Commonapp and an essay for the honors college.

1 Like

Thanks for your response! So basically I meant I got the link for the application to the BMS program after I got my BHC results back. I signed an interest form before submitting my BHC application.

2 Likes

Got it. Thank you!

Thanks! I know they prefer national merit semifinalists/finalists, do you think its worth applying if I’m not one? I have a 1500+ SAT and got pretty much all 5s on the AP exams I took.

1 Like

If you have the bandwidth to do all of that (a lot of essays to write), then throw your name in the hat. If you have everything else aside of the NM title, why not apply? The application doesn’t cost much. I don’t clearly know their criteria for admission though. A lot of programs are looking for inclusion and equity. Have you done anything to address that? Good luck to you through this application cycle. I’m sure you’ll end up where it’s meant to be.

2 Likes

I missed the Hofstra portal email and just made my account. I had a supplemental application with two essays due on Jan 15. Does anybody know when these were made available? Is this given to all applicants?

They were available in portal right before xmas and are sent to all applicants that meet minimum criteria

1 Like

Anyone else did the Casper test for Hofstra. Any insights into how Hofstra handles Casper test? Got the results today. It only says 4th Quartile. I am not sure how Hofstra and Drexel handle Casper.

Does it help with any other BS/MD?

2 Likes

How long did it take you to get your results?

1 Like

Took exam on 12/8. results came today.

1 Like

Congratulations, to be in the 4th quartile, your testtaker has successully demonstrated maturity and a solid understanding of the ethics of how to handle life/medical situations.

That is impressive.

2 Likes

As long as it results in Hofstra acceptance :slight_smile:

Thanks! Was it available for people who applied by the Nov 15 deadline or Dec 15 deadline? Also, is the Casper test only sent to applicants who have already submitted the BS/MD supplement?

You have to sign up for it. Anyone can do it.

Hofstra details Admission: 4+4 Program: BS-BA/MD | Hofstra University

Applicants are expected to:

• Have a minimum 3.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
  • Rank in the top 10 percent of their graduating class (if applicable).
  • Demonstrate a minimum of 1410 (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing + Math) on the SAT or a 32 on the ACT.
  • Complete the CASPerÂź/Altus exam by mid-January. For more information and to research your testing date, visit takealtus.com.
1 Like

My daughter’s classmate got interview email from AMC/union yesterday. Unfortunately she didn’t get it.

Did your daughter submit the supplemental around the same time as your daughter’s classmate? AMC sends out interview in waves.

How was your daughter’s classmate notified?

Email