***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Not sure, but her classmates parents are both doctors so I guess there is advantage.

4th quartile = Top Quartile!
Congratulations!

AMC holds interviews in Jan, Feb, and Mar.
Invites are sent out in waves.
Unless there is an explicit rejection, assume you are in consideration.

The last date for CASPer that Hofstra considers valid is in Jan.

Also, if you have applied to Drexel, choose both Hofstra and Drexel for the colleges you want the scores to be sent.

Not necessarily.
I know of cases where such students were considered privileged and rejected.

Unless you receive an explicit rejection, you are in consideration for the NJIT Honors interview.

@ToBeGrad
Congrats on achieving the score that put you in the 4th Quartile in the Casper Test. Casper will send out the results to Hofstra and you can hope for an interview invitation from Hofstra for their 4+4 BSMD program.
Not sure if you applied for Drexel, if you did then it matters. From Drexel website…Drexel BA/BS+MD requires Early Assurance applicants who are invited for an interview should provide the Drexel College of Medicine with a CASPer test score. Applicants who have previously taken the test during this application cycle may have their scores sent to the College of Medicine by CASPer. Please contact CASPer directly to have the scores sent. Applicants who need to take a CASPer exam should visit the College of Medicine website for more information. The CASPer Snapshot scores are not used for review.
Good luck.

I dont know what Hofstra does with it.

If you do end up on the traditional route, more and more medical schools are requiring CASPer. I dont know how much the high school vs college CASPers are relatable tests but the skill in taking the CASPer should help you.

Does anyone know if Washington & Jefferson College and LKSOM Medical Scholars program has began sending out undergrad interview invites? Some people on the reddit are saying they received it by email, so I was wondering whether or not they sent them out in waves.

If D is applying to Drexel, can she wait to take Casper only after she is progressing to an interview? (Invite) I cant figure out if she waits, will the dates for Casper test work out?

I posted on Reddit also.
I got my email today to schedule W&J interview. Someone received today.

1 Like

Yes applied to Drexel. Submitted the $100 deposit for Med school processing.
Need to submit Casper if selected to interview. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Yep, I already signed up and selected both. Thanks everyone for your help!

1 Like

Thank you. This is the only BS/MD program she applied so we will see.

2 Likes

I am not sure what you did or how it worked out for you. You can not send the Casper score to Drexel as you register for Casper test. (You can send it to Hofstra, no problem). But in order to send the test score to Drexel, you need to enter your unique Banner ID (which Drexel issues) only then you will be able to send your score to Drexel. Once Drexel finalizes their interview candidate, they will request you to send Casper score and will issue a Banner Id. You will then go to Casper site and request the test score to be sent to Drexel using the Banner id (without Banner ID you can not send the score to Drexel or if it allowed you to send, it is likely sending it to a wrong program)

In Discover Drexel portal we know our Drexel IDs

2 Likes

But yes… We are not supposed to have our results sent to Drexel until we receive an interview invite I guess. They stress this on their website, so it must be important not to send it earlier

Banner ID is different from Drexel ID (based on what I know)

I thought that only those who receive an interview invite are to have their Casper scores sent to Drexel?

It could be, but from what I know, Casper asks for the Drexel UserID and says it should be 8 digits. The Drexel ID in Discover Drexel is also 8 digits, so I guess that’s how I made that connection. You could definitely be right, though