***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Last year it was spread out over last two weeks of Jan. So, we could expect it in the coming 2 weeks.

Congratulations!!!
Try doing mock interviews.

Rochester gives you the option to room with an existing student.
I do not think you need to pay for that.

Parents need to get a hotel room.

REMS should have sent you a fairly detailed 2-day schedule.

When did he hear from UCONN?

Are they doing in person?

On Wednesday 1/18.

1 Like

Congratulations! Was it an email or letter?

Email

Congrats @Geekay2023 !! Does anyone know if the interview invites for UConn come in waves?

Should we assume rejected if we haven’t received anything?

Rochester REMS - yes, it is in person this year.

1 Like

I would confirm with them instead of assuming anything.

1 Like

Surprising. I am reading the med school thread and no one mentioned in person. In person for BS/MD but not regular MD.

1 Like

I agree but still there may be very few exceptions, as few years back one of the student enrolled in Pitt B S MD, applied out by dropping from the program and made it to HMS, although Pitt undergrad is no match to their Med school which is T14. Does it matter going to T14 vs T1 Med school ? May be for some. Interestingly with a unranked Pitt Undergrad to T 1 Med school. Again he was not in 7 year program and over that he took a gap year.

1 Like

Are interviews (undergrad/honors college) still being sent out for NJIT/NJMS?

Gap years stories are different, it comes down to what you did in those years. it all depends on what you are trying to achieve by going top schools. If the goal is to just become a physician and go into practice rank won’t matter much. Kids like my DS have plans beyond medicine so going to top schools matter. He is already seeing the difference.

Building a BS/MD interview template with high-yield questions and an individualized approach to questions is an excellent first step and then putting it to practice with many hours of realistic mock interviews (ideally with expert feedback).

Did not get GW BA/MD. How about you?

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what could be beyond medicine? I’ve seen people doing combined MD programs: MD-MBA, MD-JD, MD-PhD… I’m trying to convince mine to get an MBA during his last year of undergrad (due to him having enough credits to graduate but from undergrad but the med school has a policy that the BSMD students have to put in the full 4 years before matriculating med school.)

1 Like

Same rejection!

1 Like