***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Oh, OK. thanks.

Fully agree that Student Doctor Network is a good resource. However, I can say from experience (five different BS/MD interviews) that for BS/MD schools that do MMI specifically, the questions are often geared toward high school students and deviate from the traditional MD applicant question topics like healthcare policy, strict medical ethics, and the scenario/teamwork question types. There are a few BS/MD programs that are exceptions. I found ~30% alignment between Student Doctor Network’s past traditional applicant questions and the ones I was asked (mostly the classic ones like “Why Medicine?”). The BS/MD interview scenarios are less focused on connecting to medical practice (although it was useful for confidence and practice), so I’d consider seeking out BS/MD-specific interview prep. PM me if you’re curious about the latter, due to Terms I cannot include my personal BS/MD-specific resources in the forum.

Including a link to my prior post for interview prep books!

As you noted virtual, keep in mind: lighting/camera angle/background/microphone quality, eye contact/body language (be expressive even in box), and showing up as memorable with a unique necktie/earings/etc. Practicing by recording yourself responding to questions gives you the perfect idea of exactly how you will appear to your interviewer, and you can adjust accordingly. All easy things to do (often forgotten) that set you apart from others in the virtual format!!

3 Likes

I fully agree with you about part of the interview questions should be scaled down to HS senior level. After all, they have at least four years of life experience and knowledge to gain in comparison to traditional med school applicants. However, I used the mock interviews to prep for things like Casper tests, which expect a candidate to be matured and understand a good bit of the world.

2 Likes

Any news from UMKC’s 6 year BA/MD program?

1 Like

@NoviceDad

Do you have bandwidth to help students with interviews?
2 parents need help for their kids.

Any advice for st. bona interview for sbu/gw?

@NoviceDad looking for interview help for my daughter. We are new to US colleges admission process and this is a huge thing for her. Any input you provide Will be truly helpful. Could you please PM me?

thank you and congrats!

Please use DM.
I have replied via DM.

PS: Don’t you have my email?

Looking for any guidance on Drexel or PPSP interviews.

Mock interviews practice is a great tip. How would one start with that? Are there any websites you would suggest? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Sent you a DM.

1 Like

Can you please dm detail to me too please. Looking for Mock interview help for my D

2 Likes

It seems like NoviceDad already took care of you. I’ve used SDN and Google extensively in my search for questions commonly asked during med school interviews. SDN tells you the type of interview each med school uses. rishiray.outperform mentioned virtual interviews. Tiktok and youtube videos are good resources for tips on how to look great online. You should practice both online and offline with a coach/partner until you look natural and feel confident for your mock interviews. Once you feel that confidence solidified, treat the real interviews as a mock session. No more, no less. Good luck!

5 Likes

Got Union/AMC invite’

4 Likes

What date did you submit your application?

Did anyone hear from Brown PLME ?

When are Hofstra Med School interview invites expected ? The website says mid February with virtual interviews in first half of March. Do anyone know specific date in February.

Would PLME admit people before end of March? I thought they had no interviews.

3 Likes