Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Happy New Year to all .

2 Likes

Happy New year to you all. Hope this year brings good health, happiness and peace to all.

2 Likes

To all the bsmd college confidential families - Wish you and your families a very Happy New Year 2021. Hope 2021 brings health, happiness and peace to all.

3 Likes

Happy New Year 2021 to everyone! Wish good health, success and happiness to all!

2 Likes

Hi,
Anyone filled out FAU BSMD online application recently (deadline is Jan 8). We are trying to fill it out today and it is not working. When you fill out the details on the first page and click next button, it does not move to next page. It keeps it at first page (even though all the information is filled out on first page). We tried Chrome and Edge browser but it is not working. Anyone else faced this issue?

What kind of scholarship is being offered from NJIT?

Some people had mentioned their amounts as well but I don’t remember what they were. My D is offered $22k/year and we are OOS.

For NJIT - We got 12k and we are instate.

@rk1235rk:
I just checked FAU BSMD application for you. Whatever options you choose its not progressing to the next page. Some technical issues I believe. We may have to email/call them when they are back on Monday! Let me know if you hear back! We planned to submit yesterday, but being lazy! Last one to go.

Wishing you all a safe, healthy, and prosperous new year!

1 Like

DD got 20k and we are OOO. Got into honors but no NJMS application.

We’re OOS too but still didn’t receive any scholarship notification. Do we have call them?

Did you get email from NJIT about being forwarded to NJMS after preliminary interview at NJIT ? NJMS does its own screening.
Without NJMS BSMD selection, NJIT is not worth attending even with 20k+ scholarship as a premed UG, IMO. It is a good engineering school.

1 Like

It does not hurt to call them next week. The maximum award from NJIT may be close to 22k, IMO.

1 Like

Unless you get into NJMS BSMD, Rutgers-NB is a better option for UG premed for NJ residents, IMO. NJIT/Rutgers-Newark both are located in an urban neighborhood.

I would recommend saving your call to find out if your DC is recommended to NJMS, and maybe at that time, you can ask whether they can share when the scholarship offers will get finalized.

Has anyone heard back from Drew University after their UG interview for BSMD consideration?

@Mom22DDs, my daughter’s application is already forwarded to NJMS. She received an email few weeks ago. She has her TCNJ interview next week.

That is good! The scholarship offer comes separately in mail, so you might want to give it a few days before calling them.

Thanks! I see lot of them already received so just wondering. Not sure if it’s taking longer for the snail mail delivery. Anyways will wait and see.

1 Like