Timeline for Decisions

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>Just wanted to post an update on the decisions timeline at JMU for the School of Theatre & Dance Programs.</p>

<p>If you were admitted to JMU academically through EA you should receive a letter this coming week (they were mailed last Thursday and Friday) from the School of Theatre & Dance communicating whether or not you have also been admitted to the program.</p>

<p>If you were deferred from EA or applied to JMU through RD you should receive your academic admissions decision at the end of March (by April 1). If you are accepted academically to JMU you will hear from the School of Theatre & Dance communicating whether or not you have also been admitted to the program immediately following. We cannot send letters until we know that academic admissions decisions have been sent, but generally they go out within a day or so. </p>

<p>Only a few more weeks to go!!</p>

<p>:) Kate</p>

<p>Thanks, Kate! My mail lady is truly going to think I’ve lost my mind this week when I’m ripping it out of her hands before the truck slows down!</p>

<p>OMG… it came!!! Acting!!! So excited!!! Took the envelope to her at school so that she could open it! Jumped up and down!!! YIPEEE!!!</p>

<p>So glad that it finally came today! Weather probably slowed down the mail a bit. Congratulations!! :)</p>

<p>Congrats to your daughter, Walker! Am a little bummed that my S applied RD and will have to wait another three weeks for news…</p>

<p>it’s a great program. Hurray!</p>

<p>Thank you, thank you!!! We are completely STOKED!!!</p>

<p>Times3, I feel for ya… I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown and that the mail lady was going to call the men with the butterfly nets for me… :)</p>

<p>Congrats Walker-so happy for you and your D…and the mail lady so you don’t freak her out anymore! Lol.</p>

<p>Thanks, broadway! I’m sure my mail lady is as happy as I am! lol</p>

<p>Update – RD MT, Theatre, and Dance Program letters should be sent to those admitted to JMU academically within the next week. :)</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the update - fingers and toes crossed!</p>

<p>Timeline for transfer decisions?</p>

<p>My daughter auditioned for MT as a transfer student this spring. On April 12 she learned she had been accepted academically to JMU. Enrollment deposits are due by May 5 and become non-refundable after that date. Registration for orientation is due by May 15, but requires the student to declare a major first. Will potential transfers know the results of their audition before the enrollment deposit deadline?</p>

<p>ChickInkPen – if your daughter emails me at arecchkm@jmu I can follow up with her directly.</p>

<p>We have sent letters to all transfer students who were admitted academically JMU and auditioned for the programs. If she has not received hers I can email her the information.</p>

<p>We haven’t received a letter; she emailed you. Thanks!</p>