To what extent Extended Essay is important in US college admission?

<p>Do US schools consider EE grade as an important aspect of admission process or do they consider it as something minimal as CAS and TOK?</p>

<p>Honestly, I chose a wrong topic and am on the verge of getting D on the expected score. Since the EE expected score will be on my transcript, I am very worried about this.</p>

<p>Would getting a score of D be fine with getting into schools like Carnegie Mellon, Purdue, and UCs or do they expect much higher grades from the applicants?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>It has no relevance what so ever. To my knowledge, no college out there is going to use your predicted EE grade to decide on whether they should accept/reject you. </p>

<p>However, as the EE is a component that can get you 1-3 bonus points (along with TOK) then doing well in it will boost your overall score and that higher overall score is what will impress colleges. So, if you’re predicted a D then you’ll likely get no bonus points and the lower overall score will not look good to the colleges you’ve mentioned. Of course, other factors come into play so no college will accept/reject you on the basis that you’ve got a lower overall score. But it’s advantageous to increase your overall score as other applicants will have high predicted scores. </p>

<p>@pink997‌ is right… also @SolidKC‌, your question title sounds like a TOK question :P</p>