Transfer App

Hello everyone,
I am applying as a sophomore transfer to GWU and I was wondering if I should submit my ACT/SAT scores. They were 30 and 2050, but I am not required to submit them since I have enough credits. My GPA is average as well so I was wondering how sending scores could affect my application.

Thank you!

I’m applying as a transfer too but not sending my scores

@Sassygogo Your scores are quite good so I don’t think it would hurt for you to send them in. The average SAT at George Washington is usually 1900-2150. Anything above that is where adcoms start to wonder if you’re applying to any Ivy League schools or Georgetown and perhaps start to make decisions based on that. Also, realistically, I can tell you that you have a significantly higher SAT score than a number of transfers I have met. If you’ve got a 3.5+ then you have a very high chance of getting in. Good Luck!

Your test scores are great. They won’t hinder you if you send them in. It’s your call.

@mishk90 Hey! That’s great that you’re applying for transfer! I was trying to look for a transfer thread for this year, but I didn’t find any, maybe we should just make one right now

@GWYalie1994 Thank you for your comment! I got rejected as a Freshman App with a 2050 and around 3.4 gpa, so this time around I’m apprehensive about sending scores. I just sent my ACT scores instead since 2050 SAT was composite.

@gdubya Yes, I just sent my ACT scores. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it!