Transfer Chances Fall 2014

<p>Do you think someone could tell me my chances or at least what they think? I am a current student at GMU, English major. I think my essay is pretty decent, but I have a feeling that's not really what they're looking at. Tech has always been my dream and I just want to be realistic.</p>

<p>SAT Scores
Math 610, Reading 640, Writing 600</p>

<p>GPA 3.73
English Composition A
Quantitative Mathematics A
Public Speaking A
Cultural Anthropology A-
Music In America B</p>

<p>Spring Semester
Business Calculus
Biology (With Lab Credit)
Astronomy
Sociology
World Geography</p>

<p>Hey,
First off with the SAT scores. What year are you at GMU? The transfer admission officers do not look at SAT scores in the transfer review process. You have a good GPA score but it is not heavily weighted with courses since it seems like you have only completed 5 courses (from what you have said). Remember that in order for you to be competitive for admission, you have to have completed your freshman courses (Math, Science, and English). I see that you have finished 1 part of the English. Also with the science and math you seem to be on your way with those courses so it should be 50/50. The admissions officers look mostly into which classes transfer and to see if you are working towards you major! </p>

<p>Here is a website to pick your courses from that will transfer to tech!
<a href=“Login | Virginia Tech”>Login | Virginia Tech;

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>Go Hokies!</p>

<p>Thank you for your advice! For anyone else who has insight, I forgot to mention that GMU no longer offers an equivalent to VT’s ENGL 1106 for freshmen, so it is in my application that I will be taking it over the summer at a community college if accepted. Do you think this matters or could hurt my chances? Thanks again.</p>