Transfer Chances Spring 2018?

Hello!

I am currently I freshman studying at the University of Mary Washington in Virginia. I wanted to attend VT after high school, but unfortunately was put on the waitlist and didn’t get in. I am not currently happy at my school, and have decided to consider transferring to VT. I’ll list my credentials below, but what are my chances of getting in? It’s my dream school, I’ve always wanted to attend.

Credentials
Current GPA: 2.53 (by end of semester)
Current Credits Earned ( by end of semester): 46 (18 from AP credits)
Intended Major (at UMW and VT): Biology (Pre Med)
Extracurriculars: Member of Zeta Omega Delta (off campus sorority that focuses on philanthropy in Fredericksburg) (Public Relations Officer, Vice President), Writer for the UMW Odyssey niche (Write weekly pieces for public consumption and enjoyment, considered an unpaid internship), UMW tour guide.
Misc: earned $5000 in scholarship money at UMW

Feedback? I know that the “minimum” gpa to transfer to uga is a 2.5, but I know people who have transferred to VT and gotten in with below a 3.0. Do I have a chance of getting in?

Doesn’t look too good with a 2.53, I’d say it’s unlikely, although I’m not too sure the requirements for the biology major but I know that’s pretty low in general. Virginia Tech might not do spring transfers next year anyway; they didn’t this year for sure.

Unfortunately, I agree that your GPA is going to make it difficult. However, it never hurts to try. Best of luck.

Generally speaking your premed gpa is low. If possible try to meet with your premed advisor about things you can do to improve your gpa because if you have plans for med school or grad school getting teacher recommendations maybe difficult. For med school he/she may recommend repeating some of the classes you’ve taken.